Please suggest a stereo setup under 50K

sdk

Hi,

My music tastes range from 60's pop to college rock to hindustani classical. Preference is to the vocal range of frequencies. The type of sound i am used to is what the cosmic amps and arphi/cosmic speakers used to pump out in the 80s and 90s.

Since repairs for these equipments are very difficult and reconed speakers sound awful, I am looking for a budget stereo setup under 50K mainly for music.

My ears are all shot. I have high and low frequency hearing loss with tinnitus, so am least interested in expensive audiophile recommendations.

I would like reccomendations for a decent stereo amplifier with a pair of floorstanders/bookshelves

Regards

Hi,

My music tastes range from 60's pop to college rock to hindustani classical. Preference is to the vocal range of frequencies. The type of sound i am used to is what the cosmic amps and arphi/cosmic speakers used to pump out in the 80s and 90s.

Since repairs for these equipments are very difficult and reconed speakers sound awful, I am looking for a budget stereo setup under 50K mainly for music.

My ears are all shot. I have high and low frequency hearing loss with tinnitus, so am least interested in expensive audiophile recommendations.

I would like reccomendations for a decent stereo amplifier with a pair of floorstanders/bookshelves

Regards

by the way in mumbai, you have ample options to choose from. To cut the chase short, I would recommend you to go for sonodyne and you can look them here- HIFIMART.COM

Hi sdk.

If you don't want to spend much on big brands, you can possible checkout Telome Audio at Bandra West who have some real excellent equipment like Jewel Cubes with subwoofer, Bookshelf speakers and towers. They even sell decent amps...

As advised by other members, trust your ears and make an informed decision...the key is to audition as many systems as possible....all the best....

Check out Norge at Mahim. norgeaudio.com

Thank you for your reply.

Norge being a stones throw from my residence would have normally been my first and only choice...

But the reputation that Norge had built up for speakers was when they were using drivers from Peerless, Denmark. Nowadays they use Wavecor drivers from China. A person i met last week alleged that Norge no longer builds amplifiers with the old circuits that sounded great but uses kits available in the marker. His advice was to look for older models secondhand rather that buy from current production.

I have no way of recognising a good circuit or drivers so wondering if it is worth the risk as Mr. Bajaj is getting on in years and his two employees may not run the company in future.

I didn't know this about Norge. Sad to hear it. I would suggest you look at Marantz PM 5004 or 5005 or similar if you want a pure stereo amp or consider the M-CR603 which is a very good one box solution. For speakers look at Dali Zensor 1 or Wharfdale 121. Some of these are available on hifimart.
Among Indian brands, some good things have also been said about Pulz Audio.

You could go for powered speakers like Audio engine A5, Swans M200, M-audio, Aktimate and do away with the amp. There are threads on the forum. The Swans even have a review on 6moons!

please update the forum what you had finally decided

Still have not made up my mind.

I may get a pair of Mission MV-8 floorstanders on loan from my friend for a few years as his wife is now throwing hissy fits regarding their size and space that they occupy in the drawing room!!!

So hope springs in the heart...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back