Power amp position

Phani24

Hi
Iam about to procure a power amp.
Is it fair to put my av receiver on power amp due to spacd constraints. Pls advice

Hi
Is it fair to put my av receiver on power amp due to spacd constraints. Pls advice
Guess it depends on which power amp it is. How hot the room gets? Which place you are in.
I have placed my crown xls 2502 above anthem mca325. I keep checking anthem heat often and particularly after loud sessions...never seen it being more than warm!

Try keeping it and keep checking ...or check after a loud session.
Not using any fan above anthem but there are nicw fan solutions available from amazon..i got them and they work good!

Iam from Vizag Andhrapradesh. Iam going with O&B power amp. My max session is 3 hrs and in general 50 perceng volume.

Iam from Vizag Andhrapradesh. Iam going with O&B power amp. My max session is 3 hrs and in general 50 perceng volume.
Vizag is humid i guess. If humid then need extra care. Air conditiiner in the room while listening can help but need to take care of dissipating the local heat out of the chasis even withh air con in room.
If no air con in roon better buy this fan from four dot (amazon).

Hi
power amps especially high power ( unless Class D) need space around them to breathe/dissipate heat and putting one in top of there is not recommended. if you can use 4 thick wood pieces to raise the AVR 3-6 inches above it might still work but preferably give it space.

Hi

Which AVR do you have? Ideally both would need ample space for cooling when being used. I assume the Power Amp would have inbuilt fans/ technology in place for cooling off soon.

Usually the Power Amp is always kept at the bottom.

Which AVR do you have? Ideally both would need ample space for cooling when being used. I assume the Power Amp would have inbuilt fans/ technology in place for cooling off soon.

Usually the Power Amp is always kept at the bottom.
My avr maranz 50. I want to keep avr on power amp. Goong with O&B power amp

my sub is 48cm height . Want the second shelves of av rock at 53 cm height and fitst one at a height of 65cm. 4 legs of av rock on 4 sides of sub. So that sub comfortably postioned below the av rack.

Above the sub planning a 2 shelves rack. Sub 48cm height

Attachments

• 172466674502211151676464526622.jpg
    172466674502211151676464526622.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 12
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back