Advice for power amp

From ASR forum:
Just received 2 V3 Monos. Hooked them up in place of Emotiva PA-1s. Played a couple of Jack White's No Name album tracks, which had noticeable higher frequency harshness through the PA-1s. Harshness gone. Quite impressed. Signal path in this comparison is WiiM Pro > Emotiva XDA-3 DAC > Yamaha CX-A5100 (in pure direct mode) > V3 (XLR) > Revel Performa3 F206. It's also better balanced across the spectrum, so less to be gained by the trade-off of going to room correction on the Yamaha instead of pure direct, where the PA-1s were a bit better off with room correction on.

Those PA-1s, in turn, were better sounding than the Emotiva BasX A-300 I had in that position before them. So this is definitely going in the right direction.
Fosi V3 monoblocks look to be great amps but there’s an issue of inverted polarity that has been highlighted on the ASR forums too. Unless fosi fixes it, I am to understand that it is not useable in a multi channel stereo setup.

Fosi V3 monoblocks look to be great amps but there’s an issue of inverted polarity that has been highlighted on the ASR forums too. Unless fosi fixes it, I am to understand that it is not useable in a multi channel stereo setup.
True. They can't be used in a multi-channel setup. The speakers connected to AVR and speakers connected to Fosi V3 will be out of phase and the output may sound wierd. The fix is simple. Just interchange the wires at the binding post. But even then, it is a mess.

Do elaborate on the same issue please?
It is a simple goofup. The phase is inverted. So if a sinewave is fed to the input and the sinewave is positive, fosi v3 will invert the sine wave. Not an issue if you are not mixing fosi amp with speakers connected to another amp as a part of a multi-channel setup. But in a multi channel setup, the sound will loose coherence with thespeakers connected to AVR playing at one phase and speakers connected to V3 playing at opposite phase.

Last edited:
Hi
I am thinking of adding power amp to my chain.
Current avr is Marantz cinema 50.
Current speakers klipsch reference. Iam thinking
Of adding a 5 channel power amp. Curreng configuration 7.1.2.
By adding power amp we will get more detailing in sound stage.

Thanks
Phani
I have a 3channel anthem amp and a crown xls 2502. My LR sounds better with crown. I remember crown is a professional subsidisry brand of denon/marantz. Crown sounds faar more better (perfect soundstage with perfect virtual centre without even centre speaker).
If you want, you can audition them at my place!

I have a 3channel anthem amp and a crown xls 2502. My LR sounds better with crown. I remember crown is a professional subsidisry brand of denon/marantz. Crown sounds faar more better (perfect soundstage with perfect virtual centre without even centre speaker).
Thanks. But Iam from vizag,Andhrapradesh. And meanwhile do you heard about ssdegital tirunelvali. Saw about his power amp in YouTube.

In between Emotova basx and O&B
O&b price is considerable high than basx A3 for the same configuration

Am using Emotiva basx 5 with Marantz cinema 50 and the sound has improved,able to notice deep,controlled & rich bass( subwoofer is the same velodyne impact 12)
Can recommend Emotiva with Marantz.

I heard crown not good for music. My usage 70 movies 30 music
Most amps are neutral and not load dependant. With klipsch speakers that are easy to drive, you won't notice a difference between Crown and Emotiva. Klipsch are high sensitivity speakers so there might be a very slight hiss/hum at low volume with the Crown XLS.

Crown is owned by Harman, Harman is owned by Samsung. Personally I think Harman makes poor products.

Am using Emotiva basx 5 with Marantz cinema 50 and the sound has improved,able to notice deep,controlled & rich bass( subwoofer is the same velodyne impact 12)
Which sprakers you are driving with emotiva

I heard crown not good for music. My usage 70 movies 30 music
Oh no! I use crown with schiit preamp from mobile usb and wooooo! Unbelievable. Anthem is slightly better here but very marginal and when cranked up crown holds to be the king there too...at that price (around 36k~) is way too beyond its class.

Thanks. But Iam from vizag,Andhrapradesh. And meanwhile do you heard about ssdegital tirunelvali. Saw about his power amp in YouTube.
These amps (locally made) will have a small flaw here n there which will unfold to us afyer extensive use. Paying anything around or above 40k (or even 30k) in the existense of this crown amp is not advisable. Only speakers with high sensitive tweeters(like b&w) will be flawed and that too only to the very sensitive ears.

Anyone if did a back to back comparison of crown xls to other amps with an open mind can never choose other wise!!

I repent for spending almost 10times crown price on anthem!!!

Which speakers you are using with emotova

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back