Preamp for volume control

matbhuvi

I am looking to buy a preamp to control volume of my Shiit Ygddrasil dac. Currently, i control volume through iFi zen streamer. It is based on Volumio and it is not totally bad. Nevertheless, it is not the best place to control volume. I tried some cheap passive volume control from Amazon. They went bad really quick creating hum. May be the 4V out of the DAC is too hot to handle..not sure. Looking for good options available in the market here. Thought of getting Shiit Freya. Realized shiit it is not available in India. Any alternative recommendation is greatly appreciated.

I am looking to buy a preamp to control volume of my Shiit Ygddrasil dac. Currently, i control volume through iFi zen streamer. It is based on Volumio and it is not totally bad. Nevertheless, it is not the best place to control volume. I tried some cheap passive volume control from Amazon. They went bad really quick creating hum. May be the 4V out of the DAC is too hot to handle..not sure. Looking for good options available in the market here. Thought of getting Shiit Freya. Realized shiit it is not available in India. Any alternative recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Topping Pre90? Please make sure the impedence match is right.

I have the Schiit Magni 3 listed for sale. I used it as headphone amp, though it has both RCA inputs and outputs and also works as a preamp, but I have never tried that feature though.
You can have a look at that and look for reviews of it as a pre.

Schiit Sys. It will be perfect for your system.

MaSh

A proper pre
With the analog volume and gain
Enhances a lot

What budget are you looking for

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back