Recommendations for Tube amp for a newbie

Enkay78

Dear FMs,

Let me first hand declare that I am very new to the Hifi scene. And almost ZERO knowledge and experience as far as tube amplifiers concerned.

But having read and heard the 'Tubes are great' ....so gloriously in various audiophile forums, I also wants to gauge this path.

So what would you recommend an entry level tube amp (not preamp or headphone amp) which is budget friendly? ( My current speakers are Klipsch RP8000F)

Are Chinese brands more VFM? I went through some brands of Noobsound, Cayin etc.

Is this a good Model https://6moons.com/audioreviews/cayin/a88t_2.html?

A budget range of 20k to 1.5L .....what could be the good ones?

Thank you in advance

*Disclaimer: I am NOT going to buy in a hurry. This thread is rather to gain knowledge and help me research better before I buy.

Any reason why a tube amp? Is it because others have said it’s great?

If this is your first foray into a stereo setup stay away from tubes. Get a decent solid state amp. Tube amps are not for everyone (including me) been there done that, wasted good money. Too many variables and matching, which u can get away with with a solid state amp. Tube and speaker matching is a pain in the ass.

@celester340

Let's say I want to have a taste of it.

I was looking at cheap Chinese stuff.....so can anyone recommend one?

Yakin?
Cayin?
Noobsound?
Sengya?
Byjotech?
Laochen?

I am open to suggestions within a budget of 10k to 20k (for the starter).

If I find the sound preferable , I will try to upgrade later.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back