Require Player

AKS_Indore

Hello every one

I have a marantz pm 6004 and Q accoustic concept 20 speaker. I was using them with my philips dvd player. Now my dvd player is out of order and therefore looking for some player to play my music. My budget is maximum around 12000. Please suggest whether I should go with normal dvd player or buy bdp 170 of pioneer. I do not have 3d TV right now but i will prefer blutooth convenience. I do not have big CD collection and I mostly play downloaded mp3 songs.

Please suggest what is best suitable for me.

If your budget is 12k you can get the pioneer bdp170. It will serve all purpose. Playing MP3 in a good player will sound better than running it with your phone Bluetooth. In fact avoid Bluetooth. You have a marantz, try playing a CD.

Thank you Indy70 - I was earlier playing CD with my philips dvd player. Does this make any difference if i use LG bdp 440 or pioner bdp 170, in case if i do not need to use bluetooth. There is significant price difference.

Request forum members to guide me.

AKS,

Could you share the main media source of your Music? Do you stream via USB\CD\DVD?

According to the purpose you could choose. But Dedicated CDP is superior to DVD or Blu ray Player.

AKS,

Could you share the main media source of your Music? Do you stream via USB\CD\DVD?

According to the purpose you could choose. But Dedicated CDP is superior to DVD or Blu ray Player.

Dedicated CD player is beyond my budget. I was using my dvd player for playing CD\DVD and USB.

Dedicated CDP is always good because of the circuitry for D to A, Noise filter and all that. But I see Sony, Pioneer BDPs generally have very good quality D to A. It should be sufficient to play CDs. Not sure about LG though, you have to read the spec and see if their D to A is 192/24.

I am also inclined towards pioneer bdp 170. I have seen this is available on eBay. I will once try local market and in case not available here than will order to eBay.

AKS

If you have already auditioned the Pioneer, please go for it. There is no limit to the requirements of any system set up. Ultimately one has to be content with what is available with us, within our budget and our listening requirement. even the most expensive player will be worthless if it does not meet your requirement.
Please AUDITION for yourself and decide. That said a dedicated CD player sounds better than a dvd / bdp but it is you who should be the judge.

Regards

AKS

If you have already auditioned the Pioneer, please go for it. There is no limit to the requirements of any system set up. Ultimately one has to be content with what is available with us, within our budget and our listening requirement. even the most expensive player will be worthless if it does not meet your requirement.
Please AUDITION for yourself and decide. That said a dedicated CD player sounds better than a dvd / bdp but it is you who should be the judge.

Regards

Thank you Rajis141 - There is no dealer in Indore dealing in Pioneer bdp and so AUDITION is very difficult. I will look for one more day to find out if there is any else will buy may be bdp 170.

AKS

A golden rule in buying any equipment either for audio or video is to audition first. Please do not go by reviews or what people recommend. You may land up with something you dont like.

AKS

A golden rule in buying any equipment either for audio or video is to audition first. Please do not go by reviews or what people recommend. You may land up with something you dont like.

Thank you rajis141 - I respect your views and the golden rule. I will try to audition some other brand players if any seller here will allow me.

I have come across to a dealer in chennai who is selling Pioneer bdp 170 in Rs. 9000. As per him he is importing from Singapore. Will it be worth buying from him or there might be some tricky things, e.g. duplicate product etc.

Appreciate if any experience member can share some experience.

I have come across to a dealer in chennai who is selling Pioneer bdp 170 in Rs. 9000. As per him he is importing from Singapore. Will it be worth buying from him or there might be some tricky things, e.g. duplicate product etc.

Appreciate if any experience member can share some experience.

He may be right. They import from Singapore, Malaysia etc. But you won't get official warranty. Also check the region code though most of the blu rays nowadays are region free .

I am using such a player BDP160 and so far did not face any problem.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back