Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

some buyers in their opinions said they was annoyed with the Full hd looking on the f4900 in comparison with an full hd lcd.

so i'm interested to know how full hd (1080 i and 1080 p) content looks since I have only saw sd contents on a 43f4900 , does full hd looks okay and is their a big difference between an full hd lcd and 720 p plasma ?

that's a important criteria cause i have a considerable FULL HD 1080i channels received via satellite.

On 40 inches no diff while playing blu rays unless you are seating at 2-3 feets.

I bought FHD purely because it had a anti glare filter. Else no difference at all which is visible to naked eyes from a decent distance. Make sure you are at 5+ feet distance.

Best Price: Samsung 43H4900 Plasma ownership

Guys whats the best price for 43H4900 anyone got?

Any one got below 40K prices?

2D is great
-

- motion fluidity....hmmm...this is where i paused because it depends if you can perceive the lag. Tv watching/ripped movies looks a touch jerky. but with Blurays/DVDs everything is airy smooth.

My 15days observation is if the source is good quality, whether SD or HD, picture is stunning in this TV. And I bet it looks damn good compared to any LEDs in similar price point.

Regarding motion bit - You faced any blur while watching sports or camera panning. Only thing stopping me to recommend this to ma frnd

some buyers in their opinions said they was annoyed with the Full hd looking on the f4900 in comparison with an full hd lcd.

so i'm interested to know how full hd (1080 i and 1080 p) content looks since I have only saw sd contents on a 43f4900 , does full hd looks okay and is their a big difference between an full hd lcd and 720 p plasma ?

that's a important criteria cause i have a considerable FULL HD 1080i channels received via satellite.

I primarily using the TV for Blurays and I dont find problem with 1080 content being fed to 720 panel. Rather, Blurays looks quite fantastic compared to HD rips and Full HD satellite feeds. Sometimes, i repeat, sometimes the edge of certain things like building or text looks jagged. The reason I think is the downscale of full hd materials. I watch from a distance of 5feet.

Between Full HD LCD and HD Plasma, I think only difference will be the sharpness of 1080 content on 1080 panel. But the contrast, black level, colour neutrality will be nothing like a even 720 plasma.

What is your purpose of the TV? if you primarily watch 1080 content- both Blurays & satelite, and the difference between 720 & 1080 plsama not much, then you should get a 1080 panel plasma.

I will choose a Plasma any day in any circumstances ....

Regarding motion bit - You faced any blur while watching sports or camera panning. Only thing stopping me to recommend this to ma frnd

No there is no visible blur in sports, fast action or camera panning.....sometimes if you sit too close..say 4-5 feet, you may feel the blur but from a distance of 8-10ft, there is not.

I primarily using the TV for Blurays and I dont find problem with 1080 content being fed to 720 panel. Rather, Blurays looks quite fantastic compared to HD rips and Full HD satellite feeds. Sometimes, i repeat, sometimes the edge of certain things like building or text looks jagged. The reason I think is the downscale of full hd materials. I watch from a distance of 5feet.

Between Full HD LCD and HD Plasma, I think only difference will be the sharpness of 1080 content on 1080 panel. But the contrast, black level, colour neutrality will be nothing like a even 720 plasma.

What is your purpose of the TV? if you primarily watch 1080 content- both Blurays & satelite, and the difference between 720 & 1080 plsama not much, then you should get a 1080 panel plasma.

I will choose a Plasma any day in any circumstances ....

No there is no visible blur in sports, fast action or camera panning.....sometimes if you sit too close..say 4-5 feet, you may feel the blur but from a distance of 8-10ft, there is not.

thank you very much for your advice
My wish is that my TV will have a good black level as the my good old crt.

i have try a 32" sony lcd (32cx520 ) and the samsung 42f5000 but no chance, the contrast was always poor, especially on the samsung, so i plan to buy a plasma tv only to have a great and natural black level.

If i had found an LCD with very good black level and good 2d PQ too,I think I would have preferred and lcd due to plasma constraints ( not suitable for pc, very reflective, not brightness enough and the relative IR risk)

My choice now is between the f4500 and the f4900 , they are approximately at 450 $ and 650 $, there's there any difference in 2D PQ between them cause i'm not especially interested by 3d ?

thank you very much for your advice
My wish is that my TV will have a good black level as the my good old crt.

i have try a 32" sony lcd (32cx520 ) and the samsung 42f5000 but no chance, the contrast was always poor, especially on the samsung, so i plan to buy a plasma tv only to have a great and natural black level.

If i had found an LCD with very good black level and good 2d PQ too,I think I would have preferred and lcd due to plasma constraints ( not suitable for pc, very reflective, not brightness enough and the relative IR risk)

My choice now is between the f4500 and the f4900 , they are approximately at 450 $ and 650 $, there's there any difference in 2D PQ between them cause i'm not especially interested by 3d ?
if you have 4500 option then you should get that....we have no h4500 model here at India so I have to go for 4900. Me too not interested and not using the 3D at all.

I demoed the Plasma F4900 with Navratras approaching soon, I want to buy one during the festive period.

Now while playing USB it was producing wow pictures. However, the moment it was shifted to HD connections colors looked pale. Really pale..

I was shocked. I have had used Plasma TV in past but such DULL colors. Not expected unless set had some issues.

Owners please clarify:

1. Hope u guys never faced this issue. Hope the set had issues. Samsung colors cant be so dull.

2. Images were not Sharp. Hope that is not a big issue.

3. Whats difference between H4900 and F4900 guys.

Last edited:
Its only the Wifi, i guess. I was confused about the 600hz subfield refresh thing being absent in h4900. But according to a customer care representative, h4900 has it.

Both are wiffi ready I guess, basis specs on Flipkart. Am I missing something? Need to buy so will prefer one with wifi.

You should get the latest one h4900.
When you demoed, were you handling the tv or the salesman? The tv keeps different setting for different sources. I guess dth source must have wrong setting-less colour, brightness, contrast etc.

I don't have any problem. Intact I feel the colours are bright even at 47.

You should get the latest one h4900.
When you demoed, were you handling the tv or the salesman? The tv keeps different setting for different sources. I guess dth source must have wrong setting-less colour, brightness, contrast etc.

I don't have any problem. Intact I feel the colours are bright even at 47.

You are right bro..Seems likes a setting issue only.

I went for demo of LG 4500 & Sam 4900.

Was shocked finding LG to be a tad better than 4900. On 4900 I could see pixel lines. Surprisingly against all reviews stated by memers here LG had a tad better image & colors.

Whats ur take? SM quoted 39 for 34H4900

OK, after a lot of dilemma, ordered this for 38,610 /- from flipkart, waiting for the delivery now :)

Actually wanted a plasma as my main TV, but could not dare it an year back, now that I have a FHD Toshiba [39 inches] for my daily viewing, wanted one in my bedroom for watching movies and documentaries etc, and finally decided to take a plasma, will update more later. Thanks guys !!

Some pictures, pardon me for the clarity and flash :)
Watched some HD [1080p & 720p] movies, and I could not find any difference at all [watching from 10 feet], was worried a lot that this set is not 1080p :), happy with the purchase, the installation happened a day after the delivery, I was not able to get the used hours verified as he was not aware, anyone knows how to verify ?

[I have tried option in the sticky thread with no luck, and the installation guy told only SONY series have that feature where we can verify used hours, is that true ?]

OK, now some pictures :).

ZlEvp4lz

MDsJ5Orv

xf38o733

XKe7OIhp

X3yxhBXY

lglJgAe1

qzSzQ1Tn

QVDzocCt

hxYASI6Z

BC39J2j5

OK, after a lot of dilemma, ordered this for 38,610 /- from flipkart, waiting for the delivery now :)

Actually wanted a plasma as my main TV, but could not dare it an year back, now that I have a FHD Toshiba [39 inches] for my daily viewing, wanted one in my bedroom for watching movies and documentaries etc, and finally decided to take a plasma, will update more later. Thanks guys !!

Congrats. You could have saved more bucks by exchanging. Upto 8K more discount. This is for prospective buyers.

Guess what FLIPKART is offering 5% more off if using Visa card

Last edited:
Congrats. You could have saved more bucks by exchanging. Upto 8K more discount. This is for prospective buyers.

Guess what FLIPKART is offering 5% more off if using Visa card

Thanks, as I was saying, am not looking for any exchange, that TV too is very recent, just 5 months old, and is in my living room [cable tv viewing etc], this Plasma is for movies, only movies.

Yeah, just saw that they added that 5% offer now, but that's OK :D

It has been 4 months since I started this thread for this plasma TV and since then I have been enjoying every minute of it. I see that a lot of other people have also bought this TV and are happy with it. The sports, wildlife and movie channels are especially lovely to watch on this TV and I am totally satisfied with this product.
I am watching all channels in SD only since I have not subscribed for HD and I think I will keep this way until their prices fall to reasonable levels.

Thanks, as I was saying, am not looking for any exchange, that TV too is very recent, just 5 months old, and is in my living room [cable tv viewing etc], this Plasma is for movies, only movies.

Yeah, just saw that they added that 5% offer now, but that's OK :D

5% offer is gone....

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back