Samsung Full HD

The best part is that Iam getting finance for 81k i.e. initial payment- 27,250/- and Rs.6750/- x 8 EMI (0% interest). I have ordered the tv and will delivered within two days.

I thank everybody for your valuable input in helping me to choose a value for money LCD with descent features.

Thanks once again to all!!!

The best part is that Iam getting finance for 81k i.e. initial payment- 27,250/- and Rs.6750/- x 8 EMI (0% interest). I have ordered the tv and will delivered within two days.

I thank everybody for your valuable input in helping me to choose a value for money LCD with descent features.

Thanks once again to all!!!

Congratulation's on your purchase, please do not forget to provide a feedback for this model once you have it setup ... as it will help other members :)

Congratulation's on your purchase, please do not forget to provide a feedback for this model once you have it setup ... as it will help other members :)

Dear guys,
Yesterday the TV has been delivered and installed. I found their response to be good right from delivery of the product to installation. The technician explained to me all the features of the LCD and the operations.

After going through the manual, I adjusted the picture according to my preference. I am happy with the image quality while playing from the DVD source. Iam also planning to buy Popcorn Hour A-110 to play my high definition movies that is being available in my PC.

Overall, I found the LCD extremely good delivering sharp and rich color quality for VFM.

Congratulations!!! I am glad you were able to find what you want, and are enjoying the show.

Some of the movies that are very good for testing a LCD are the following:

1. The Incredibles. This is one of the best movies for testing the capability of the TV in high speed motion.
2. Spiderman
3. Flight of the Phoenix. Superb cinematography. The scenes in the desert are extremely good.
4. Ice Age 1 and 2. Fantastic graphics.
5. Batman - The Dark Knight. Very good scenes shot mostly in low light.
6. Terminator 2. The scene where the floor becomes Robert Patrick acting as T-1000 can be seen a 1000 times.
7. The Rock. This is a movies that keeps you on the edge of your seat all time with fantastic performances by Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage, and Ed Harris.
8. The Fantastic Four. Again the graphics where the four change shapes is very very good.
9. True Lies. Again a fast movie. The last scene where Arnold fights with a Harrier Jet is superb. So is the scene of the chase on the bridge.
10. The Highlander. This is an old movie in which Christopher Lambert comes as an immortal man. The fighting scenes and the scenes where the energy from the vanquished fighter goes to the winner is mind boggling.

Cheers

Thank you venkatcr for the list of movies. I would like to share this to all readers which I think would be helpful. My DVD player is Philips connected via component output to LCD but dont have HDMI output and upscaling feature. Yesterday, my cousin bought his PS3 and HDMI cable and we hooked it to LCD. I had 1080p m2ts files downloaded from net. I just copied to DVD and played in PS3. Iam totally amazed to see the quality of the picture and razor sharp images. My family members were speechless!

While playing DVD in PS3 with upscale option set to full, there is difference of image quality when compared with my DVD image quality from the component out. Iam now thinking of buying a DVD with the 1080p upscaling feature because my movies looks great through this.

Kindly advise.....and which brand?

Thank you venkatcr for the list of movies. I would like to share this to all readers which I think would be helpful. My DVD player is Philips connected via component output to LCD but dont have HDMI output and upscaling feature. Yesterday, my cousin bought his PS3 and HDMI cable and we hooked it to LCD. I had 1080p m2ts files downloaded from net. I just copied to DVD and played in PS3. Iam totally amazed to see the quality of the picture and razor sharp images. My family members were speechless!

While playing DVD in PS3 with upscale option set to full, there is difference of image quality when compared with my DVD image quality from the component out. Iam now thinking of buying a DVD with the 1080p upscaling feature because my movies looks great through this.

Couple of brands you can go for which are currently available in the market are -

Pioneer Dv 610 - grey market approx around 6.5 to 7k

samsung 1080pk - Rs 4500

Philips 5986 - Rs 4500

LG DV388 - Rs 4500

All of the above players have hdmi output and up scaling capabilities,
they have usb port also so u can play div movies or view photos directly through thumb drive .

Dear guys,
Yesterday the TV has been delivered and installed. I found their response to be good right from delivery of the product to installation. The technician explained to me all the features of the LCD and the operations.

After going through the manual, I adjusted the picture according to my preference. I am happy with the image quality while playing from the DVD source. Iam also planning to buy Popcorn Hour A-110 to play my high definition movies that is being available in my PC.

Overall, I found the LCD extremely good delivering sharp and rich color quality for VFM.

I am also interested in this product , is popcorn hour available locally in India, what is the costing for the same , any reviews on features and stuff, i did check out their site looks impressive

You can also consider the Sony NS708P - decent player.....5000 bucks.... (no USB though), but I would honestly recommend you put in a bit more cash and buy a "good" player. Since you have a 46 inch Full HD, the best option would be the Cambridge Audio DVD99 ....1080p upscaling and USB, good CD audio playback, all for about 14k. Another option you can consider is the Denon 1740 which costs about 15k. You've invested 81k on your TV, don't cut corners on your source.

Couple of brands you can go for which are currently available in the market are -

samsung 1080pk - Rs 4500

Philips 5986 - Rs 4500

LG DV388 - Rs 4500

they have usb port also so u can play div movies or view photos directly through thumb drive .

I'd like to add a couple of more films.

1. Cars - Animation film from Pixar. In addition to being a really sweet and enjoyable story, it's a great film to test the colour reproduction and the motion tracking on your display. DVD transfer is very good.

2. Letters from Iwo Jima - Stunning cinematograpy....lots of dark scenes...again DVD transfer is very good.

The Highlander also features that fantastic Queen song "who wants to live forever"

Congratulations!!! I am glad you were able to find what you want, and are enjoying the show.

Some of the movies that are very good for testing a LCD are the following:

1. The Incredibles. This is one of the best movies for testing the capability of the TV in high speed motion.
2. Spiderman
3. Flight of the Phoenix. Superb cinematography. The scenes in the desert are extremely good.
4. Ice Age 1 and 2. Fantastic graphics.
5. Batman - The Dark Knight. Very good scenes shot mostly in low light.
6. Terminator 2. The scene where the floor becomes Robert Patrick acting as T-1000 can be seen a 1000 times.
7. The Rock. This is a movies that keeps you on the edge of your seat all time with fantastic performances by Sean Connery, Nicholas Cage, and Ed Harris.
8. The Fantastic Four. Again the graphics where the four change shapes is very very good.
9. True Lies. Again a fast movie. The last scene where Arnold fights with a Harrier Jet is superb. So is the scene of the chase on the bridge.
10. The Highlander. This is an old movie in which Christopher Lambert comes as an immortal man. The fighting scenes and the scenes where the energy from the vanquished fighter goes to the winner is mind boggling.

Cheers

u can consider the sony models which have HDMI but if u can find the pioneer DV 600 or DV 610 its realy good player.i have seen the DV 600 in action and sonys, the pionner does a better job in component as well.in HDMI both are almost similar.only downside about pioneer is that it costs around 8k.

samsung 1080pk - Rs 4500

Philips 5986 - Rs 4500

LG DV388 - Rs 4500

What abt Philips 5996?
Many people has recommended it for features(usb 2.0),good performance.

Does anyone know where detail review is available?

How will you rate all players suggested by you?
i.e. 1st, 2nd........

Last edited:
Eunmagic, you already have your question answered. All these are good players. There is actually a separate thread on DVD Players.

Cheers

Yes! I know that the subject is deviating, its better to start a new thread in the respective subject. I will post it in DVD player section....We will all meet there!

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back