Shopping for LCD/Plasma

Last week end I received the panny 42PV80H/D tv. I received it saturday night, and I installed (placing the tv on the stand) and switched the tv on. First thing I did is to set the contrast and brightness below 45% (gyan from HiFiVision). TV is connected to hathway setup box and philips DVD player. PQ is way better than I expected (compared to what I saw in the panny/ezone shop). Scanned thru all the channels and I was more than happy. Next day, I purchased high quality RCA cable and connected setup box and TV with the new cable. And the PQ is improved a lot and I am totally satisfied with the TV now.

Watched American Gangster, Singh is King and Sarkar Raj DVDs and as you can guess, the experience was truly amazing.

The initial whole TV viewing experience is awesome. I am just waiting for run-in period (100 hrs) to get over so that I can play around with the settings.

Thanks a lot to HiFiVision members who provided all the gyan and suggestions. Coming week end my HTS will be installed and I am looking forward for that.

One question I have here, when the DVD has 16:9 and when the TV is also set to 16:9, why do we see black bands above and below on the TV? Shouldn't I expect the full screen picture?

Is the DVD a widescreen version? If not you might want to use the "Just" mode in your TV to display fullscreen without black boxes.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back