Soundbar or Logitech Z906

nuvo

I need to buy speaker system for TV (DTH+PS3). Any decent HT system would cost >25k. So to cut the corners, I want to buy only the speakers and to use PS3 as the player. This would probabaly mean that:

1. I can go with soundbar
2. I can go with soundbase
3. I can go with active speaker system.

I have read good things about Philips soundbar and better things about Cambridge Minx (also availble in HifiMart). However, opinion about Logitech Z906 seems even better and the latter is cheaper too.

So, I solicite your opinion regarding the Logitech speaker system. I somehow feel (may be wrong though) that soundbase/soundbar probably would not be able to create a true surround sound effect and hence I am tilted towards Logitech. But given the brand repo of CA as compared to Logitech, will I be proved wrong in long term?

One more point, unlike in stereo system, where good barebone amplifier are available, I could not find any barebone 5.1 amplifier. If there is any such amplifier, kindly guide me.

First DON'T BUY THE LOGITECH Z906. It is much more prone to voltage fluctuation and in two years it suffers from power failure. And logitech doesn't give service if warranty is over.

Cant comment on cambridge. but for tv viewing i think soundbar is better option.
5.1 amplifier is called AVR.

IMO, You should get a yamaha yht 196.

I have a Z5000 from Logitech, a pretty old but powerful model. It's nice and loud but it cannot replace a HT setup.

In my opinion, get a sound bar if you want to keep it simple, no wiring laying mess, no installation issues, want no or negligible surround effect, one stop tidy looking solution.

Otherwise, you can get a HTIB setup from the likes of Yamaha or Onkyo. My first step in the HT world was an Onkyo S3400 model IIRC for 25k. Before that, I was in the same boat as you because I went ahead and bought the Z5500 for 16k at that time and connected it to my PS3. It was great for gaming but not so much for music and movies. After 2 years, I had to get a HTIB setup. Although it was an entry level system from Onkyo, it definitely elevated my listening experience. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back