Speaker Upgrade…..

ishmeet73

I bought the SVS Ultra Towers as a replacement for my old DefTechs 7006 to pair my Parasound 2100 + 2125 ( Pre & Power Amplifier).....
However, I just got bit by the unsatisfied bug. I finally ended up changing my whole system. Now my system consists of the following,

Eversolo DMP-A6 (ME) --> Denafrips Hermes --> Denafrips Pontus II --> Luxman L505 uxII

Now I am looking to change my speakers, would love some help in this regard. My budget is around 10 Lacs.

I like to listen to a lot of vocal, Jazz and Western Classical Music. So a great mid-range is really important.

Any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated.

For the Music you described, do demo some BBC style speakers. Since you are in Pune, Spendor should be on demo locally. Check out their Classic line.

Adding to what jai mentioned proac response k1, proac d48r, SF Olympica nova II, Joseph audio pulsar graphene should be on your demo list since your focus is more on midrange

I am sorry I should have mentioned this in my original post, I am looking for Floor Standing Speakers.

You may get better recommendations if you indicate your room dimensions too.
10 lakhs is a serious budget and it’s worthwhile doing several auditions of different options available locally at showrooms in Pune and Bombay.
If you can listen to some good set ups at FM in Pune that could enrich the selection experience.
In addition to suggestions from @Phew , Tower speaker brands Worth considering for rich mids and vocals are:
Fyne audio
Totem
Zu audio
Tannoy
Altecs and JBL
Some home work research on specific models would be required
I am sure others will chip in with specific suggestions

I bought the SVS Ultra Towers as a replacement for my old DefTechs 7006 to pair my Parasound 2100 + 2125 ( Pre & Power Amplifier).....
However, I just got bit by the unsatisfied bug. I finally ended up changing my whole system. Now my system consists of the following,

Eversolo DMP-A6 (ME) --> Denafrips Hermes --> Denafrips Pontus II --> Luxman L505 uxII

Now I am looking to change my speakers, would love some help in this regard. My budget is around 10 Lacs.

I like to listen to a lot of vocal, Jazz and Western Classical Music. So a great mid-range is really important.

Any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Kef and b&w has bit me hard and anything outside these seems like a compromise.

You may get better recommendations if you indicate your room dimensions too.
10 lakhs is a serious budget and it’s worthwhile doing several auditions of different options available locally at showrooms in Pune and Bombay.
If you can listen to some good set ups at FM in Pune that could enrich the selection experience.
In addition to suggestions from @Phew , Tower speaker brands Worth considering for rich mids and vocals are:
Fyne audio
Totem
Zu audio
Tannoy
Altecs and JBL
Some home work research on specific models would be required
I am sure others will chip in with specific suggestions
Thank you for the suggestion regarding the room dimensions. I have a dedicated music room cum den, measuring 16’ x 12’.

Kef and b&w has bit me hard and anything outside these seems like a compromise.
The KEF I am in love with are the Reference 3 Meta, alas they are a tad out of my budget. I am hoping and praying to find a good used pair.

Sorry not a great fan of B&W. That said I haven’t had the opportunity to hear the 7 Series or the 8 Series.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back