Speakers plus amplifier :budget : Rs 3 lakhs

umeshdhingra

Hi Guys,
I am looking to buy a pair of speakers ( just the left and right) along with an amplifier ( unable to decide whether to look at Network amplifier as well) .

Here are the other details :

1. Room Size is 13 by 13 feet.

2. Looking to buy the speakers and amp Only for music purposes.

3. Budget approx Rs 3 lakhs.

4.All my music ( western pop, western classical , Indian ghazals ) are in Flac and few in DSD format too, presently using Fiio X5 second generation to listen to flac / DSD thru headphone Seinn HD 800 / OPPO HA 1)

5 .All my media ( music movies etc ) stored on a Western Digital 12 TB my mirror cloud, so I would be looking for Wi Fi , Airplay , BT , etc.

I have been told to audition Beo Play A9 but looks expensive.

However I am open to all possible options !

Please guys do help me with your inputs, thanks in advance as well.

Umesh

DO hear the Harbeths as well..You can pair them with a good quality amplifier with built in DAC and networking capability and you can hear what they are known for... Come over for a listen as my room size is almost the same as yours...

Hi. Please check out a high end NAD power amp with Focal Chorus 726 (little outdated - but a kick ass speaker nevertheless) or Focal 816. Also Arcam / Anthem / amps with Focal or Dali Lektor series. For your budget the options are wide open and can really get a bad ass system. Even the Polk RTi A9 is good.

Try monitor audio silver series plus arcam amp. One of the threads recently mentioned that the silver 8 series costed 1.9 lakhs which I thought was a good deal.
I have heard this combo and found it very good.
Also my suggestion don't try to balance the budget between the two. Get very good speakers and try to go for a decent amp. In the near future, you will only need to upgrade the amp. Else you will face a situation where you will be compelled to upgrade both.

Good luck and enjoy the search.

Many thanks to all you guys for all the inputs .
Just try and advice me as to in case if I opt for a power amp ,then how do I connect the NAS drive , I mean do I also need to buy a network player.
What about Jade 7 speakers ?

Many thanks to all you guys for all the inputs .
Just try and advice me as to in case if I opt for a power amp ,then how do I connect the NAS drive , I mean do I also need to buy a network player.
What about Jade 7 speakers ?

I have heard the Jade series bookshelf speakers. The were the most laidback speakers that I have ever heard. However, the built quality was great. Not my cup of tea.

Try monitor audio silver series plus arcam amp. One of the threads recently mentioned that the silver 8 series costed 1.9 lakhs which I thought was a good deal.
I have heard this combo and found it very good.
Also my suggestion don't try to balance the budget between the two. Get very good speakers and try to go for a decent amp. In the near future, you will only need to upgrade the amp. Else you will face a situation where you will be compelled to upgrade both.

Good luck and enjoy the search.

I have not heard the new silver series, however, I have auditioned the Old RX series, the GX series and also the PL series.
So, I can tell with confidence that the Kef R series and the Revel Performa 2 series speakers were way better than the Monitor Audio RX series. The KEF and Revels were actually even better sounding than the Monitor Audio
GX Series. However, the Built quality of the GX was much better than both the KEF and the Revels.
The KEF R series was the most musical among the speakers that I have mentioned above.
IF you can spend twice your planned budget, then you can look at the FOCAL electra 1028BE and the KEF 203/2(obsolete reference model). These were totally in a league of their own. The Focal 1028be's highs are to die for. Loved those beryllium tweeters.

As per the Delhi based dealer the telephonic price that I got was six lakes and these can be demoed at Ashish place ,Lakozy! Lajpat Nagar, Delhi

My
Pic would be
A pmc 23 with a naim5i or a Hegel

Or the Electra bookshelf with the better nad amps or the naim as well

Contour dyna audio is also my top choice but that will cross your budget

Ohh and not to forget the usher mini dancer as well with either of the above amplification

The
New nad all in one music player is a good option
With a dac and amp
Built in
And probably streaming as well

Last edited:
You can consider Active speakers too... Haven't heard many, but have heard Sonodyne SRP 205, a Studio monitor series replica it is... Quite huge for a bookshelf... I think around 1.5 Lacs for a pair .. (or) you may consider smaller ones in that series too depending on your room size...

Try to get in touch with Sonodyne contact center & check the aval in your city..

The rest of the money can be spent on hi-end DAC + Preamp that will suit your requirements.

I remember seeing a pair of Harbeth SHL5 speakers put up for sale on the forum. You'll need to up your budget a bit to add an amp, but you might like to consider those.

Hey! Hope you go & audition as many speakers as possible for taking a call. A friend of mine was in a similar position & he has bought the Sonus faber Venere 1.5 book shelf & the belcanto C5i integrated, of course your taste & musical choice will be the deciding factor.
I feel you should atleast try the Sonus faber, Dynaudio, PMC, Monitor audio which are some well respected brands. For amps Marantz, Nad & Belcanto are some that come to mind.
All the best
Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back