Stuff bought through Amazon - Warranty tip

ketansethi1987

Just got to know that if you have bought something from Amazon specially hifi equipments and the seller or brand is not honoring warranty stating that it is purchased online, you can probably return the item even after an year of use rasing complaint with Amazon and telling them that the brand/seller is not honoring warranty.

Always take screen shot of description and warranty details at the time of purchase. This will help you.

So if you are one of such unfortunate person, do try this out and let us all know if it works.

Some products some with only a years worth of a warranty. Are you saying that Amazon will replace the product in the event of a defect, post the 1 year warranty?

It is illegal for the Seller to reject Warranty if they were selling it via Amazon. However, brands can reject Warranty if they feel like and if you did not source it through a partnered reseller. Thats probably when you need Amazon's Warranty backing.

Just got to know that if you have bought something from Amazon specially hifi equipments and the seller or brand is not honoring warranty stating that it is purchased online, you can probably return the item even after an year of use rasing complaint with Amazon and telling them that the brand/seller is not honoring warranty.

Always take screen shot of description and warranty details at the time of purchase. This will help you.

So if you are one of such unfortunate person, do try this out and let us all know if it works.
Have you ever tried this and suceeded ?

My understanding is that Amazon will simply ask you to conact the seller.

The new Amazon.in policy for most Electronic items is that the Buyer directly needs to contact the seller and pursue warranty claims or even Dead-On-Arrival claims.

This is really ridiculous and I have stopped buying electronics from Amazon.

Check out this item, for example... a Premium SAMSUNG M7 Computer Monitor.

The Warranty states: "7 days Service Centre Replacement" Amazon is NOT backing you... It is between you and the service centre.
Defective item:
  • Amazon may provide support via self-help guides or on call or at doorstep, as applicable.
  • If this issue is not resolved, please contact Samsung or visit the Service Centre.
  • Samsung will repair the product or provide a replacement or Defective certificate, as applicable. The time taken for resolution will be as per Samsung warranty policies.
Ditto for most Mobile Phones.... "7 days Service Centre Replacement"

I was a victim a couple of months ago for the M7 Monitor ... The Supplier kept (FAKE) claiming that they came to collect, but no one answered the door.... There is someone at my residence 24x7... Took 3 weeks of complaining before it was collected. I took a cash refund and bought locally for Rs 1,000 more...

BEWARE BUYING ELECTRONICS FROM AMAZON.in

Last edited:
Have you ever tried this and suceeded ?

My understanding is that Amazon will simply ask you to conact the seller.
I am a seller and this happened with me even though customer did not contact me for warranty.
Message the seller through buyer seller messages and tell Amazon warranty is not being honored. Specially where brands reject warranty saying that purchase is online.

The new Amazon.in policy for most Electronic items is that the Buyer directly needs to contact the seller and pursue warranty claims or even Dead-On-Arrival claims.

The Warranty states: "7 days Service Centre Replacement" Amazon is NOT backing you... It is between you and the service centre.
Defective item:
  • Amazon may provide support via self-help guides or on call or at doorstep, as applicable.
  • If this issue is not resolved, please contact Samsung or visit the Service Centre.
  • Samsung will repair the product or provide a replacement or Defective certificate, as applicable. The time taken for resolution will be as per Samsung warranty policies.

I was a victim a couple of months ago for the M7 Monitor ... The Supplier kept (FAKE) claiming that they came to collect, but no one answered the door.... There is someone at my residence 24x7... Took 3 weeks of complaining before it was collected. I took a cash refund and bought locally for Rs 1,000 more...

But you got the refund. It was a hassle though but in case anyone buys hi end equipment he can try to get refund is he is not satisfied with the brands not providing warranty.

Some products some with only a years worth of a warranty. Are you saying that Amazon will replace the product in the event of a defect, post the 1 year warranty?

It is illegal for the Seller to reject Warranty if they were selling it via Amazon. However, brands can reject Warranty if they feel like and if you did not source it through a partnered reseller. Thats probably when you need Amazon's Warranty backing.
Not post one year warranty. But if it is mentioned on Amazon that warranty is more than 1 year and brand does not honor it we can approach amazon and return the product. But you should keep screenshots as proof. Brands cannot reject warranty if products are sold on Amazon. Amazon will take the product back and refund the entire amount.

Now this may not always happen but it happens so there is no loss in trying.

But you got the refund. It was a hassle though but in case anyone buys hi end equipment he can try to get refund is he is not satisfied with the brands not providing warranty.

Actually, I bought the SAMSUNG M7 monitor, Before Amazon's "Hands Off, Not Our Problem" policy. Hence Amazon.in WAS responsible, and even then, I got my refund for Dead-On-Arrival after much hassle.

I dread to think of my fate if I had bought under Amazon's new policy (which kicked in a couple of weeks later), and it's my intention to warn potential buyers of all electronics, via amazon.in that they will face a "Hands Off, Not Our Problem" for their purchases.

Buyers now cannot even THINK of returning an electronics product to Amazon.

Hence my advice is Do NOT Buy Electronics From Amazon.in

Defective item:

I follow this policy too. Any saving at the time of purchase is lost in the amount of time and trouble that we have to take in navigating their customer support system. When it comes to electronics and big-ticket stuff, I buy local, or directly from an authorized dealer.

Actually, I bought the SAMSUNG M7 monitor, Before Amazon's "Hands Off, Not Our Problem" policy. Hence Amazon.in WAS responsible, and even then, I got my refund for Dead-On-Arrival after much hassle.

I dread to think of my fate if I had bought under Amazon's new policy (which kicked in a couple of weeks later), and it's my intention to warn potential buyers of all electronics, via amazon.in that they will face a "Hands Off, Not Our Problem" for their purchases.

Buyers now cannot even THINK of returning an electronics product to Amazon.

Hence my advice is Do NOT Buy Electronics From Amazon.in
I have posted for those who have already bought and facing warranty issues from brand or seller

I have posted for those who have already bought and facing warranty issues from brand or seller

Appreciate. That applies for earlier bought products.

My intention is to bring into focus that Amazon.in has now changed its Warranty / return bad products policy for Electronics items. ... It has effectively washed its hands off directly accepting returns for electronic products or even ensuring that warranties are honoured

Appreciate. That applies for earlier bought products.

My intention is to bring into focus that Amazon.in has now changed its Warranty / return bad products policy for Electronics items. ... It has effectively washed its hands off directly accepting returns for electronic products or even ensuring that warranties are honoured
Even if a product is nought now and customer is not getting warranty support he can try to get the product returned but talking to customer care and sending emails. As a seller I am being forced to return a 4.5 months old amplifier by Amazon. The customer did not even contact me for warranty.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back