Subwoofer- budget 50k

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date Start date
Have heard the sds10, found it to be good but was playing at full volume. Haven't heard the pb1000 though I am using the pb2000. Assume it would be similar but with lower output. Would suggest consider a 12 inch sub to avoid future upgrade. Look at the sds12

Thanks kumar and rocket. Audition is not possible so it's only going to be on word of mouth.

The internet is flooded with good reviews on the svs pb1000. However couldn't find much info on the sunfire sds 10.

The internet sometimes can be flooded with reviews which can be posted by competitors just to gain fame.....not many have time to post a demo video over YouTube.....as for me...a lot of reading helped including some auditions which is important....

For BIC America which i own....i only auditioned the F12 at Avenue Sound almost 2-3 years back and did not seem to meet my expectation....i blindly asked the dealer to arrange for me the H100ii model which had little less power (25 watts less) but specs were crazy which intrigued me.....

When i got it and hooked it up....it was awesome...never regretted my decision...at that time did not have the budget to get the PL200 which is supposedly the flagship model for BIC. After close to 20 months of use, i got a chance to get PL200 at a nice rate from ProAudiohome.....without any audition and full confidence in the brand....i took the plunge......dont regret my decision....works like a charm....for movies/music/gaming.....

If you have shortlisted 3 subs which seemed to have your attention in terms of specs, branding and overall performance, i suggest you go with one of them....as mentioned in the earlier post....based on specs and the ability to get as close as possible to 20hz...(which you need since you are a movie buff), PB1000 it should be then.....

All the best

Have heard sunfire sds 10 twice on 2 different occasions and it's affine brilliant. Would rate it over svs pb1000 (my personal opinion).
Think u should pay an audition, it's worth every penny.

Hi Kumar, in one of your posts I read that u didn’t like the sds 10 when u auditioned it probably because it was box packed and new. U had given it an average rating. Did u manage to hear the sunfire sds 10 after that? Thanks.

Thanks mshifi and rocket and Eddie for your inputs.

I have asked for a quote for the sds 12. If it’s way above budget then I’m back to the sds 10 and the pb1000.

However my dealer friend recommends the sunfire sds 10 over the svs. He’s telling me it’s all I will need. I’ll wait for his quote on the sds 12.

Hi

Dealers ...rather most of them will try to sell out the brands which are not moving just to get the horded up stock cleared off....so you may get good prices...sometimes there is indeed good models and brands available for a steal.....this does not happen everytime.

There are very few dealers whose relationships are developed over the years..they understand you and always entertain you even with a query....they are the ones who can honestly provide an opinion based on your actual requirements , budget etc......very few are like this......

This is my general experience and also most share the same view....if this dealer friend is quite known to you...you can then go blindly with his recommendations and close the deal with Sunfire SDS ....

Hi Kumar, in one of your posts I read that u didn’t like the sds 10 when u auditioned it probably because it was box packed and new. U had given it an average rating. Did u manage to hear the sunfire sds 10 after that? Thanks.

Thanks mshifi and rocket and Eddie for your inputs.

I have asked for a quote for the sds 12. If it’s way above budget then I’m back to the sds 10 and the pb1000.

However my dealer friend recommends the sunfire sds 10 over the svs. He’s telling me it’s all I will need. I’ll wait for his quote on the sds 12.
Yes celester,

I did listen to it again at music ranch Bangalore. And this time it was properly broken in. The experience was really good. Was only the budget factor which kept me from buying this one.

Thanks Kumar. Was it really that expensive? What did music ranch quote for the sds 10? You finally bought the BIC PL 200 right?

Thanks Kumar. Was it really that expensive? What did music ranch quote for the sds 10? You finally bought the BIC PL 200 right?
I had set my budget not to exceed 35k and hence had to let this go.
The best price offered was 49k change. Don't remember the exact quote.
And yes, I bought pl200 finally.

Hi Kumar

Celester is having a challenge to decide on subs..... what has the experience been so far with the PL200? Do you find it better?

Specs wise listed on company websites show a clear difference between both brands...(sunfire and BIC)

http://bicamerica.com/showpage.php?brand=1&type=8&spkrID=86

http://www.sunfire.com/productdetail.asp?id=35
Hello Efernand1,

My experience with PL200 has been pleasant so far. Post a week of purchase, was not getting the expected results for music, but then, it has got really good post break in.

At 35K price point, I am much satisfied with the performance.

The emotive is out of question now due to no stock. Next batch will be June or July. Can’t wait.

New options. SVS PB 1000 or SB 1000. Any one here using a SB 1000 would like to get some input and user opinion please thanks.

Is the emotiva s10 also out of stock.. I emailed Darius couple of days back about s12 and he replied it is in stock
The Delhi distributor said it is out of stock
I did not enquire about S10

Emailed Darius again and he checked again and say that the subs are out of stock and would be back in stock after June 18

The emotive is out of question now due to no stock. Next batch will be June or July. Can’t wait.

New options. SVS PB 1000 or SB 1000. Any one here using a SB 1000 would like to get some input and user opinion please thanks.

One of my friends was in a similar boat (actually had a 35k budget), so suggested him the BIC PL 200, but he finally settled for the SVS PB1000 at around 50k. It is nice, still waiting for the breakin and would test it in my place to give formal review.

From all the reviews I have read of the SVS pb and the sb, the PB is supposed to be more exciting,for movies, aggressive and louder.

The SB on the other hand is well suited for music,is tighter, faster, accurate and a tad more docile than the PB.

Serious dilemma :rolleyes:

From all the reviews I have read of the SVS pb and the sb, the PB is supposed to be more exciting,for movies, aggressive and louder.

The SB on the other hand is well suited for music,is tighter, faster, accurate and a tad more docile than the PB.

Serious dilemma :rolleyes:
:D:D:D Someone should ask SVS why they made a ported sub AND a sealed sub, and what should be used for movies or music.

@iajay , I think I’ll get a sunfire or a svs, both are available. Would have loved a rhythmik, but that way out of budget for me.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back