Subwoofer choice 🤔

20hz maybe a marketing trend but when we feel the bass but don’t hear it, certainly pushes the listening experience much higher . If budget needs to be stretched yes I am contemplating that ( buy once / cry once 🥹 )
yes, 20hz and below can only be felt if the intensity is high enough. mid bass punch gives you the chest slam. Pick your poison. All the best.

For your room size if you need more punch in bass then consider Subs like XTZ /SVS PB 2xx series / REL /Rhythmic etc, but that will cost more than 1 lakh. If you are on strict budget then Bic America PL200 or POLK HTS 12 sub would be good to go .
Later when you have budget you can upgrade to powerful subs.
Xtz spirit sub 12 : is this is a good choice

New member added on the HT family . Finally it’s the BIC which I have scored . Thanks for your inputs earlier 👍

Attachments

• IMG_4871.jpeg
    IMG_4871.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4872.jpeg
    IMG_4872.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 39
Thanks @Dhruv.Arora . But I have a doubt , it’s been just few hours of listening but the sub sounds boomy . Meaning there is no chest thumping bass . Also I could see the diaphragm is not moving much . Is that to be worried
Could be an issue of placement.

Ignore the moving Diaphragm, a good sub should basically be invisible. If you hear bass coming from the sub, it means that’s too much bass. Subs should compliment the speaker not overpower it.

What sub and crossover settings are you using? What’s the source?

Could be an issue of placement.

Ignore the moving Diaphragm, a good sub should basically be invisible. If you hear bass coming from the sub, it means that’s too much bass. Subs should compliment the speaker not overpower it.

What sub and crossover settings are you using? What’s the source?
Source is Denon AVR x1800 . Subwoofer settings as pic attached

Attachments

• IMG_4876.jpeg
    IMG_4876.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4877.jpeg
    IMG_4877.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 27
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back