Subwoofer suggestion is requested

Is REL zero accoustics will good to go with marantz 1509,pl suggest
REL T-Zero is aimed at desktop use with mini speakers.
It has only a 6.5 inch woofer. It is kind of a powered woofer
Will not pressurize the room for AV application.
I have tried REL T5i (8") and found it lacking in my listening space.
Good, but definitely leaves you wanting a bit more.

If your primary use is HT, REL T series is not the ideal match

Cheers,
Raghu

REL T-Zero is aimed at desktop use with mini speakers.
It has only a 6.5 inch woofer. It is kind of a powered woofer
Will not pressurize the room for AV application.
I have tried REL T5i (8") and found it lacking in my listening space.
Good, but definitely leaves you wanting a bit more.

If your primary use is HT, REL T series is not the ideal match

Cheers,
Raghu
Grt you have cleared my daught. Removed REL from my list....for 10" what sub you refer

I will be able to streach little....( Pl suggest wrt marantz 1509)

The most important information missing is how big is the "small" room :)
AVR doesn't have anything to do with the sub, other than pass along a signal.
The volume of your room and the geometry, will help other FMs knowledgeable in this area guide you.
Cheers,
Raghu

The most important information missing is how big is the "small" room :)
AVR doesn't have anything to do with the sub, other than pass along a signal.
The volume of your room and the geometry, will help other FMs knowledgeable in this area guide you.
Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks brother for the quick input....room size is 11"12

1. Budget is 40 approx room size is 11*12... Pl suggest a good sub which go with 1509
Like others have already suggested BIC PL200II is a very good 12 inch sub that you can get in ~40k range. FM @Michelangalo got the sub from an online retailer for 44k.

Polk HTS series is also a budget buy, along with Taga Harmony platinum SW-10. Above mentioned subs work just fine in your room if you invest sometime positioning the sub properly.

If you are interested in taking the pre-owned route, there are few subs already listed in the sale section of the furum.

REL T series subwoofers are typically recommended for stereo application. They have HT series that you may take a look, if interested in REL.

Like others have already suggested BIC PL200II is a very good 12 inch sub that you can get in ~40k range. FM @Michelangalo got the sub from an online retailer for 44k.

Polk HTS series is also a budget buy, along with Taga Harmony platinum SW-10. Above mentioned subs work just fine in your room if you invest sometime positioning the sub properly.

If you are interested in taking the pre-owned route, there are few subs already listed in the sale section of the furum.

REL T series subwoofers are typically recommended for stereo application. They have HT series that you may take a look, if interested in REL.
Grt help ,appreciate your suggestions....

Hi all.
Apologies for hijacking your thread @Sarfraz
I am also looking for a decent <40k SW for my YHT1840. This is the sub that I will be using in my future build. Going through various SW threads, the general recommendations here is BiC F12(36k on jamaticks), Yamaha NS300(~29k), and Taga platinum SW10 v2(31k). I hope I am not missing other good options.
BiC F12 is the highly recommended one. There is a query though, if someone can clear it out. I live in a tier2 city. The only Hifi store here deals exclusively in Yamaha, and can arrange Polk, Klipsch, Jamo. What worries me is the warranty. This is one of the reason I am inching towards Yamaha. Locally available and hassle free service(no courier and all), at least for an year that yamaha offers.
The folks using BiC products, how it is performing and should I take the risk of buying one from jamsticks(for 37k)?

Hi all.
I am also looking for a decent <40k SW for my YHT1840. This is the sub that I will be using in my future build. Going through various SW threads, the general recommendations here is BiC F12(36k on jamaticks), Yamaha NS300(~29k), and Taga platinum SW10 v2(31k). I hope I am not missing other good options.
BiC F12 is the highly recommended one. There is a query though, if someone can clear it out. I live in a tier2 city. The only Hifi store here deals exclusively in Yamaha, and can arrange Polk, Klipsch, Jamo. What worries me is the warranty. This is one of the reason I am inching towards Yamaha. Locally available and hassle free service(no courier and all), at least for an year that yamaha offers.
The folks using BiC products, how it is performing and should I take the risk of buying one from jamsticks(for 37k)?
If you are considering Bic then go for Bic Pl200 II. It's more refined than F12, only minor price difference.

Bic has extended 8 years parts on woofer, 5 years on amplifier and associated electronics. Bic is not recommended if you lot of power fluctuations but again that is also a concern with most avr an recieved.

If you are considering Bic then go for Bic Pl200 II. It's more refined than F12, only minor price difference.

Bic has extended 8 years parts on woofer, 5 years on amplifier and associated electronics. Bic is not recommended if you lot of power fluctuations but again that is also a concern with most avr an recieved.
The warranty is really something exceptional, 8 years!
Also PI200ii is currently for 47k and available only on jamsticks. Hopefully will drop down to 44k. F12 is for 37k now. That’s a 10k difference, although with equal performance difference also.
It’s best to wait for a while for price drop.
Thank you for the help :)

The warranty is really something exceptional, 8 years!
Also PI200ii is currently for 47k and available only on jamsticks. Hopefully will drop down to 44k. F12 is for 37k now. That’s a 10k difference, although with equal performance difference also.
It’s best to wait for a while for price drop.
Thank you for the help :)

I bought it from Jamsticks and was tracking price and one luck day I saw price drop to 44K and pulled the trigger.

You can also try to reach out to Avenue sounds in mumbai they might sell you for 40-45K. I knew this after I had already bought it from Jamsticks

Hi all.

I have had my fair share of warranty requests raised when i used to live in Goa albeit for smaller items. The service center usually needed me to ship the item at my own cost to them, they would ship back the replacement unit at their own price. I believe the same might hold true in your case too, so i would suggest you to retain the box since god forbid if the situation arises it will help in properly sending back the sub to the service center.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back