Suggestion for Stereo Amplfier from Singapore

rdevakumar

My friend is coming from Singapore this month end and ready to carry ~10Kg. For future upgrade, I am started checking about buying a good (high current) stereo amplifier. I don't have any idea about the brands availability in Singapore and the places. Please let me know if any suggestions for amplifier and places.

- Budget INR 30K (Max 50K)
- Stereo Amplifier (should able to drive high end / high sensitive book shelf speakers)
- New / Pre-owned

My friend is coming from Singapore this month end and ready to carry ~10Kg. For future upgrade, I am started checking about buying a good (high current) stereo amplifier. I don't have any idea about the brands availability in Singapore and the places. Please let me know if any suggestions for amplifier and places.

Here are a couple of places to check HiFi stuff in Singapore,

1. Adelphi Centre - Kinda upmarket and highly reliable. I recommend Alpha Audio for Onkyo stuff.

2. Sim Lim Centre - Budget feel, with some scope for negotiation.

For high current amplification, Onkyo is a good bet. Check out the TX-SR8050. I'm sure it must be more economical in Singapore. (India price ~ 46000)

Visit Adelphi and try out Rotel, Audiolab ( if pre owned available) . I picked up the Rotel from my last year's visit from Adelphi.

Any good deals, please let me know as well. I will be also looking for good pre-owned deals. My parents are in Singapore right now.

- Budget INR 30K (Max 50K)
- Stereo Amplifier (should able to drive high end / high sensitive book shelf speakers)
- New / Pre-owned

A high current amp may end up weighing more than 10Kg due to large coils inside. Then add packaging. If you shortlist a unit check the nett/gross weight for the same at the manufacturer's website.

Cheers,
Raghu

A high current amp may end up weighing more than 10Kg due to large coils inside. Then add packaging. If you shortlist a unit check the nett/gross weight for the same at the manufacturer's website.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks. One or two Kgs more he can manage. He don't have any other stuffs other than chocolates. I just checked Music Hall a15.3 and the package weight is shown is 19lbs, which is below 10 Kgs.

Unless this is going to be dual purpose (stereo and HT) don't get an AVR.
You will end up paying for features that will not be used while compromising on build and possibly sound quality.

BTW, is this to replace the existing PM5004? If so, NR1506 is not the way to go.

Cheers,
Raghu

if you have 50k budget aviod maranz,onkyo and basic stuff they all you get here with good offer.Just look for NAIM,cyrus like amplifier those are not heavy weight and very easy to carry.

Unless this is going to be dual purpose (stereo and HT) don't get an AVR.
You will end up paying for features that will not be used while compromising on build and possibly sound quality.

BTW, is this to replace the existing PM5004? If so, NR1506 is not the way to go.

Cheers,
Raghu

My stereo setup will continue to be separate. I am not planning to replace the PM5004 with the AVR. Buying an AVR also in the list, so in case if I can't finalize the stereo Amp, then I will be buying AVR. AVR will be used by all at home (to connect with STB, WDTV, BD Player) and also will be used for casual music listening especially from mobile phone.

if you have 50k budget aviod maranz,onkyo and basic stuff they all you get here with good offer.Just look for NAIM,cyrus like amplifier those are not heavy weight and very easy to carry.

Do you have any specific model suggestions for the stereo amps which will be come under this budget? Any idea about price of Naim Nait5i in Singapore? I have read some good review about this in forums.

Any model you can search it out there in used market.But for new one you have to look on starting model all other model will be costly. Look for any old stock naim models like Nait5i,Nait5i 2 etc.Also other brands like cyrus,Rocksan etc those are equally good excellent quality products.But we cannot predict which models they have in stock.Need to spend some time on Adelphi mart for this.

One good idea is to get Singapore dealer contact details from naim audio site and you can email them about price also about old stock/demo products there.they will reply then it would be easy for your friend to collect from that shop.I am attaching the dealer link below

http://www.absolutesound.com.sg/

check what are the other good brands they have and enquire same way on demo items

Last edited:
One good idea is to get Singapore dealer contact details from naim audio site and you can email them about price also about old stock/demo products there.they will reply then it would be easy for your friend to collect from that shop.I am attaching the dealer link below

Absolute Sound Distribution Singapore

check what are the other good brands they have and enquire same way on demo items

Thanks. Dropped them a mail. Let me see if I can get any details. I will wait for a week on searching Stereo Amplifier options, otherwise, will go with the AVR this time.

Great the Adelphi mall is complete of the audio stuff.When I visited that mall I saw variety of brands that I have not been heard yet even I am not remembering there names.When I visited there mall almost all shops where closed only few opened they have some timing.Some of the shop like that they don't want to sell anything just for display those are really expensive stuffs.

My advise is for a perfect stereo listening a stereo amplifier is a must factor.Even a hi end AVR dont think will do this job with great musicality.My personal observation

I have almost finalized with AVR option. Please suggest me any good shop for buying Marantz NR1506. My friend doesn't have any knowledge about audio products. So I would prefer only good shops where he can just drop in and buy.

Also, please let me know any specific testing / demo we need to do before buying.

Any idea about the price of this model in Singapore? I found some web reference and the price quoted is around $800. Also, do we need to bargain / ask for discount in the shops?

Finally got the Marantz NR1506 AVR from Singapore this week.

Attachments

• IMG_20160201_111726.jpg
    IMG_20160201_111726.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 53
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back