suggestions for home theatre

sureshmenonakki

Hi all,
This will be my first home theatre purchase and looking for suggestions please.
Room : 12'x10'
Preference: movies: music -- 40:60
Budget: upto 1 lakh.
Place :Bangalore
I have zeroed in on Marantz NR1605 or Sony STR-DN1050 and BA S5.1 for audition.
Any other combination suggested for audition and can anyone tell if the Sony DN1050 is available in Indian market yet and its cost if yes.
Thanking you in advance.

AFAIK, Sony AVR's are not available officially yet. You may have to look in grey market which has its own risk, however its an excellent performer. For BA S5.1, I would suggest going with Marantz 1605.

As I can see, your music usage is more than the movies. Satellites will not perform the way a Bookshelf speaker does for the music. Please audition couple of bookshelf speakers before plunging as you have decent budget you might consider separates.

Thank you bharath_rbk for the suggestion.I would be probably picking up the Sony from abroad after comparing the Marantz and Sony reviews on various websites.Hope my choice turns out OK for me.I haven't decided on the speakers yet which i will be purchasing from India.Can you suggest some Bookshelf speakers to go with it?Not interested in floor standers due space constraints.As the same would be used to watch movies by the family I was thinking of satellites in the main room and bookshelf for music in zone 2 at a later stage.

You could consider DAli zensor 3 for the fronts and zensor 1 for the surrounds, or buy the whole zensor HT package.

I will second that, get the Zensor package, you will not regret. If possible get Zensor 5 for fronts, if not at least Zensor 3. Things that the Dalis can do at this price point is quite amazing.

You could consider DAli zensor 3 for the fronts and zensor 1 for the surrounds, or buy the whole zensor HT package.
BNYoqy

Hi,
Thank you everyone for the suggestion and every one has only Dali to reco :D so Ill be definitely auditioning the same the moment I get my Sony AVR in my hand.Once again thanks guys.By the way how much do you think the Zensor HT will cost?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back