Tube amp & headphones under 30K

Mayank Shah

Hello, Would like to have a nice table top tube amp and headphones max 30k. Don't know where to begin. Looking fwd to all your inputs. Thanks. Cheers.

I am using Aune T1 DAC/Headphone amp with my MrSpeakers Mad Dog headphones. I am using mine with Genalec Gold Lion tube, my brother has another unit with original tube driving his AKG headphones. T1 sounds very nice, it has a very powerful headphone amp section. My unit is MK-1 not the SE.

My table top setup at home is Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm premiums mated with Darkvoice 336SE OTL tube amp (was recommended by FM reignofchaos). Stock tubes are ok, changed them to Sylvania 6SN7 & GE 6AS7. Sounds wonderful to me! :)

Your choice of tube amp would depend on the headphones you're trying to pair with. OTL tube designs are a great match for high impedance Beyers, Senns, AKGs (300 ohms & above). For low impedance cans or planars, look elsewhere.

@Mayank Shah
Apparently Aune T1 is Tube DAC + Solid State Headphone Amp. My brother said he no longer uses it, uses his laptop now a days. PM me if you are interested (please note it needs 120V supply, I got it from US). Attaching pics, unit on the back is mine...Aune-T1.jpeg

@mayank

See if you can attend, should help narrowing down the gear to suit your preferences.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back