Upgrading subwoofer of ONKYO HT-R340

kartik Baalaaji

I am looking to upgrade the subwoofer of my AVR, which is ONKYO HT-R340. In the package, it came with an 8-inch passive subwoofer but over the years i found that the bass isn't enough to feel. So i just want to know if it is possible to upgrade the subwoofer from 8inch to 12inch. FYI I do not know if i can connect an 12inch active subwoofer to this model. Please help me out in this situation

Hi kartik,
I have onkyo ht r340 and i connected bic pl200 active subwoofer to it and it sounds great. You should have active subwoofer which can take high level input then only it will work. I connected to subwoofer output in receiver to high level input of active subwoofer. Hoptle this helps.

Hi phanindra, thanks for your interest. But how about the connection ? Do you use any converter for using an active subwoofer ?. And i had gone through the specs of the subwoofer it says 250watts rms and 1000 watts peak but will the avr actually deliver this much of power ? Cause as far as i know the Avr says 100 watt/channel and 130 watts maximum input power(rms) for subwoofer.

Hi phanindra, thanks for your interest. But how about the connection ? Do you use any converter for using an active subwoofer ?. And i had gone through the specs of the subwoofer it says 250watts rms and 1000 watts peak but will the avr actually deliver this much of power ? Cause as far as i know the Avr says 100 watt/channel and 130 watts maximum input power(rms) for subwoofer.
I did not use any converter. I connected subwoofer out to subwoofer high input. Thats it. Another suggestion is take the left and right output from the avr to high level input of subwoofer and then take those outputs from subwoofer to left and right tower speakers. I followed first method

Oh thankyou very much phanindra. Currently i am using the default speakers but in future i might upgrade and only the subwoofer i want to upgrade now.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back