Urgent: How to spli MKV file..

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

All, need a software to split mkv file.. I downloaded a 6gb movie and can't copy it to Pen drive because of FAT32 limitation of 4gb.

Can anyone suggest. I just need to split the file.

Thanks,
Vikram

If you just want to split the file into two or more chunks then a free tool called hjsplit can be used. Download it here:
HJSplit: free file splitting software for Windows, Linux and other platforms

Other video splitters are:

uncropMKV 1.55 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

TSSplitter 1.2 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Haali Media Splitter 03/03/2011 - VideoHelp.com Downloads

Hey Thanks...

M trying hjsplit right now.. I just wanna split the file so that i can copy it to my pendrive (FAT32) and can play it in Sony BDp..

I dont wanna play with that Video or Audio.. just split the file..

Since your reason to split is to accomodate it in a storage media of limited size and not to play the split parts, use 7zip (the free zip utility). If you have 7zip installed on your computer, right click on the file you want to split, select Archive this file, on the new window that appears, type in your desired file size in bytes, then press OK (or whatever is required to start the split process). You will get say one 4 GB file and a 2 GB file with extensions 001 and 002 respectively.

Copy these files to final folder, then right click again on file with 001 extension and select Extract here. It will join the parts back.

Options: you can also password protect the files so that only authorised person can access them.
Joshua

Since your reason to split is to accomodate it in a storage media of limited size and not to play the split parts, use 7zip (the free zip utility). If you have 7zip installed on your computer, right click on the file you want to split, select Archive this file, on the new window that appears, type in your desired file size in bytes, then press OK (or whatever is required to start the split process). You will get say one 4 GB file and a 2 GB file with extensions 001 and 002 respectively.

Copy these files to final folder, then right click again on file with 001 extension and select Extract here. It will join the parts back.

Options: you can also password protect the files so that only authorised person can access them.
Joshua

ok let me try this too.. :)

Thanks for the replies frnds.. trying solutions one by one.. will update u all very soon.. :)

Thanks everybody for your inputs..

mkvtoolnix is the fastest way to split mkv file.. It just took 5 mins to split 6GB file.. hjsplit is also a good tool but too slow... took around 2 hours to create one partition of 3.5 GB... i did not try other options.. :)

Cheers..!!

Last edited by a moderator:
i use a mkv video splitter called idealshare videogo to split mkv into chapters which has both Windows and Mac version.

it can split mkv video with or without re-encoding.

it can split all kinds of video files like MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, VOB, FLV and etc

it even can split audio mp3, wav, m4a, aac, flac and etc.

but it only divide video into chapters if the original video is divided in chapters or cue based.
i use a mkv video splitter called idealshare videogo to split mkv into chapters which has both Windows and Mac version.

it can split mkv video with or without re-encoding.

it can split all kinds of video files like MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, VOB, FLV and etc

it even can split audio mp3, wav, m4a, aac, flac and etc.

but it only divide video into chapters if the original video is divided in chapters or cue based.
recources:
Split Video MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, VOB without Re encoding

Last edited by a moderator:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back