wharfedale 10.5/10.7 vs b&w 685/684

doctur

I am planning to upgrade my wharfedale 10.1s.
I want your opinion on comparison between b&w of similar price.
I.e. wharf 10.5 vs bw 685. I listen at low to mid volume and mostly
Vocals. What I like most is separation of various instruments.
Will a 3 way speaker like 10.5 be better than 685.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sir,if you like 10.1 you might like 10.5 too...NoT good in my opinion,Lack of timing....... you try for 121 or 122 much better then your current BS

but 685 is in another league........

Happy upgrading!!

Hi Doctur,

There would be ample online reviews and perhaps demo videos available over the internet to provide a fair idea on the performance of the speakers you have mentioned. The key is to demo the same in person as end of the day you are paying for it and you would be using the same for music and movies....the best comparison is to carry your favourite music (all types) and some movies and audition these speakers....I am sure you would be able to arrive to a suitable conclusion.

If you are open to shift from Wharfedale to B&W..why not Focal chorus?

Before you make your decision do audition the warfadale Jade series its one of their finest. B&W have never cut the cake for me they have always sounded a little dead to me..
and the number of drivers are of no consequence when it comes to sound quality so three way .. two way.. two and half way and what not will not matter if it doesnt sound good.. for Focal I can say barring their very highend ones the lower segments are not worth the money you pay.. instead look towards Dynaudio, Dali they offer much better VFM than Focal or B&W

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back