Where to find Yamaha AVR spares?

Lot of differences. The power supply too is not a standard smps. So less noise compared to the AVR like mine.

After long time I got a chance to look into this issue further, so I confirmed the standby power supply board has no issue. If I supply power to the relay switch, it does get activated and AC current flows to the transformer.

Issue seems to be with the Toshiba controller chip, I should be getting 2.96v on the PWR_RY pin on CB262 connector, which is missing. R2629 is also not having any voltage on both the legs. I have checked all the pins that provides power to the microprocessor and they do have voltage. Thus, I think the chip has died and no longer responding.

The chip has tiny pins and would require a reflow, I don't have these equipments with me so cannot fix it myself. I did find the chip online for around Rs. 700.

1724584875720.png

I am also suspecting the solder joints gone loose on the chip, receiver is hardly used (once in 2 months) so I cannot believe it can go bad so fast. May be if I just reflow the microprocessor chip it might come back to life.

So I spent some more time troubleshooting the issue, brushed my microprocessor skills from engineering and realised that a microprocessor generally requires oscillation and RESET signal to boot. So I checked if the crystal was good and everything was ok there, but the RESET pin was not getting voltage, following the schematics I figured the IC223: R3116N271A-TR-F wasn't sending voltage to the reset pin. When the unit is powered on, it should send 3.3v to the RESET pin after 70ms delay, which then BOOTs the microprocessor. If I short pin 4 & 5 on the microprocessor, I can hear the relay click and the display comes up and the unit turns ON.

I will now have to find R3116N271A and replace it on the board (I can get this SMD chip replaced from any nearby mobile repairing shop since they have reflow machine), any pointers on where I can find this IC would really help.

So I spent some more time troubleshooting the issue, brushed my microprocessor skills from engineering and realised that a microprocessor generally requires oscillation and RESET signal to boot. So I checked if the crystal was good and everything was ok there, but the RESET pin was not getting voltage, following the schematics I figured the IC223: R3116N271A-TR-F wasn't sending voltage to the reset pin. When the unit is powered on, it should send 3.3v to the RESET pin after 70ms delay, which then BOOTs the microprocessor. If I short pin 4 & 5 on the microprocessor, I can hear the relay click and the display comes up and the unit turns ON.

I will now have to find R3116N271A and replace it on the board (I can get this SMD chip replaced from any nearby mobile repairing shop since they have reflow machine), any pointers on where I can find this IC would really help.
That is tremendous progress. It is available on mouser but I think you need an account with GST to buy online from mouser.

That is tremendous progress. It is available on mouser but I think you need an account with GST to buy online from mouser.
Shipping time and cost both are very high on Mouser as it comes from USA, I prefer buying from Indian seller.

Shipping time and cost both are very high on Mouser as it comes from USA, I prefer buying from Indian seller.
Give me some time. I did procur IC from Indian sites who are resellers. They buy it from mouser and resell it at a much lower cost because of shipping cost is optimized as they buy in bulk along with other customer orders.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back