Which speaker I should buy?

Abhayito

At present I am using Heybrook HB4 speakers with my NAD C370 amp. I wanted to upgrade my speakers and my choice came down to B & W 683 S2 and Wharfdale Jade 5. Which one should I go for?

At present I am using Heybrook HB4 speakers with my NAD C370 amp. I wanted to upgrade my speakers and my choice came down to B & W 683 S2 and Wharfdale Jade 5. Which one should I go for?

Its your Ears only can tell you best after auditioning both the speakers with your amp. But bothe speaker needs good powerful amp(not watt but current).
Have you tried your existing speaker with different amp...may be you dont have to upgrade speaker..only amp..

Cheers
Dheeraj

Mr. Dheeraj, Thanks for the idea that I should rather upgrade the amp and not the speakers. I have one amp - Naim Nait 5i in my mind, which I liked. Could you suggest a proper amp to go with my Heybrook HB 4 speakers?
Thanking You.

Abhay Kumar

Mr. Dheeraj, Thanks for the idea that I should rather upgrade the amp and not the speakers. I have one amp - Naim Nait 5i in my mind, which I liked. Could you suggest a proper amp to go with my Heybrook HB 4 speakers?
Thanking You.

Abhay Kumar

Naim is also a good choice.But why dont you just load your speaker into your vehicle and take it to the different audio dealers and see what appeals you most.
Its not mere a reputed brand is going to appease your ears, only proper synergy between source ,amp, speakers and audio grade cables will also play part. So take your source along with you and check the multiple dealers in your city. Check the amplifier section of this forum and read lot of threads about amps and decide which brand to audition. Could you please tell the rest of the chain of your rig..like source , cables and type of music you listen to.
Sorry I did not want to make it complicated but such is the way process should be followed.

Cheers

Dheeraj

l

Last edited:
Hi Abhay,
Naim will sound very different to your current NAD.... will you like that different... well only your ears can tell you.. Yet if you are addicted to what NAD does then it will take some adjusting to the Naim which is very detailed neutral and lacks the overly warm signature of the NAD, that doesnot mean its not musical Naim for me has the highest boogie factor compared to any other brand. One more companyyou can look to is Arcam which will give the familiar warmth of the NAD but with geater detail retrival and staging A 19 is a pretty good amp and comined with Dali Ikons (5 or 6) it serves up music in away that you can never have enough of.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back