Will QA 3050 will be too much at a small room?

Monotosh

Hi Guys ,

Need one more help to decide the front stage floor standing or bookshelf..I decided to go with bookshelf QA 3020i hence my room is pretty small. still like to knowI if I go with QA 3050i in my 1200 cubic feet room will it be too much ?

If I buy 3020i and if some one thinking later I can use them for surround spekers, that can't be done due to space issue.

Room dimensions: L12x W10xH10..

Thanks
Mac

hi,
I am using 3020i bookshelf speakers along with 3020c central speaker.
These are very good combination even for small rooms.
My room is similiar in dimensions but it also opens into kitchen and bedrooms. so it helps.
The bass response is also very good for these bookshelf's., but we recommend going for sub if more punch is desired for movies.
I dont have experience with 3050i, but I am sure u will not need any subwoofer given small room
My suggestion would be get a demo of 3050i in room and decide.
But I am pretty sure 3020i will perform great in given room.

hi,
I am using 3020i bookshelf speakers along with 3020c central speaker.
These are very good combination even for small rooms.
My room is similiar in dimensions but it also opens into kitchen and bedrooms. so it helps.
The bass response is also very good for these bookshelf's., but we recommend going for sub if more punch is desired for movies.
I dont have experience with 3050i, but I am sure u will not need any subwoofer given small room
My suggestion would be get a demo of 3050i in room and decide.
But I am pretty sure 3020i will perform great in given room.
Thank you mate .. which sub and avr you are using with them?

Hello....for your room dimension, bookshelf will work without any issue....I had bigger room and was using bookshelf (wharfedale) earlier and it worked without any issue....with kids running around, I upgraded to floorstanders because of safety in mind. 3050i has substantially more bass than 3020i and has very good imaging for stereo. if you use a sub, bass will be taken care by it. If you plan to watch movies, irrespective of bookshelf or floorstanders, you should get a sub, to utilise the lfe channel.

Hello....for your room dimension, bookshelf will work without any issue....I had bigger room and was using bookshelf (wharfedale) earlier and it worked without any issue....with kids running around, I upgraded to floorstanders because of safety in mind. 3050i has substantially more bass than 3020i and has very good imaging for stereo. if you use a sub, bass will be taken care by it. If you plan to watch movies, irrespective of bookshelf or floorstanders, you should get a sub, to utilise the lfe channel.
Thank you for your reply.. well then saying no to 3050i sadly .... anyways, am planning for a QA sub 3070s though I know it's weak, but i have some space constant so looking for a slim profile sub..in around 30 to 35k..any suggestions .. will be helpful

Thank you for your reply.. well then saying no to 3050i sadly .... anyways, am planning for a QA sub 3070s though I know it's weak, but i have some space constant so looking for a slim profile sub..in around 30 to 35k..any suggestions .. will be helpful
If you have the budget, you can get the 3050i. I absolutely loved my upgrade from bookshelf to floorstanders, specially for 2 channel listening. Then again, at that price, there would be many more alternatives. If you are more into watching movies, 3020i with a sub will work excellent. Subs need not be of the same brand of your speakers. There are many brands to consider like Bic america, Polk, Yamaha etc. I would suggest trying to accomodate a better sub rather than compromising on a sub. Look around your available space. You will surprise yourself.

Bic pl200ii ..Is it not too much for a small room ..how it's sounding at your room is it boomy..? It's very big I can't place it anyway, still let me your experience with it.

Ya its big for the room. Currently i kept it at low volumes levels and dont hear boominess.
I am planning to move to bigger flat soon, so till then its ok.
BIC pl200ii is very well known and well recommended by our hifivision members.

If this is a dedicated room and you wish to go for 3050 then go for it without any fears. 3050 are not that big, they can be easily melded into a room that size, place them judiciously away from the walls and be prepared to play around with positioning a little bit. In the long run perhaps look into moderate amount of acoustic treatment, a lot of it can be achieved with regular use furniture (bookshelves, couch/sofa, drapes and carpets on the floor and so on), you should be fine.
With or without a sub, 3050 will make a big difference for stereo listening, if you ask me it makes perfect sense to go for them over bookshelves.

Get the QA 3050 or the 3050i, sound quality is really good as also precise soundstage. Works perfectly for HT and Stereo. FS for front L&F is always best option for HT. Been using FS in similar setup since 2000 ;)

QA3050 has good aesthetics and will lend itself to most décors. It is slim too. I have an earlier model QA2050 and it does HT and 2 channel duties beautifully.

My 2 cents...

If this is a dedicated room and you wish to go for 3050 then go for it without any fears. 3050 are not that big, they can be easily melded into a room that size, place them judiciously away from the walls and be prepared to play around with positioning a little bit. In the long run perhaps look into moderate amount of acoustic treatment, a lot of it can be achieved with regular use furniture (bookshelves, couch/sofa, drapes and carpets on the floor and so on), you should be fine.
With or without a sub, 3050 will make a big difference for stereo listening, if you ask me it makes perfect sense to go for them over bookshelves.
Thank you for showing some hope to getting them back..

Which will be better ..from below two options..
1. 3050i + a moderate sub like psw 10.
2. 3020i + a better sub like Martin Logan Dynamo x800.

Let me Know..coz if I go with 3020i and save some money there, I can invest that to a better sub..else I will go with 3050i and a moderate sub.

NB: my room is a small drawing room..

Last edited:
Get the QA 3050 or the 3050i, sound quality is really good as also precise soundstage. Works perfectly for HT and Stereo. FS for front L&F is always best option for HT. Been using FS in similar setup since 2000 ;)

QA3050 has good aesthetics and will lend itself to most décors. It is slim too. I have an earlier model QA2050 and it does HT and 2 channel duties beautifully.

My 2 cents...
Thank you for the reply this not a 2 rather 2000 cents coz ur having them for quite a long time ..let me know what do you think on my above questions..

Last edited:
Thank you for showing some hope to getting them back..

Which will be better ..from below two options..
1. 3050i + a moderate sub like psw 10.
2. 3020i + a better sub like Martin Logan Dynamo x800.

Let me Know..coz if I go with 3020i and save some money there, I can invest that to a better sub..else I will go with 3050i and a moderate sub.

NB: my room is a small drawing room..

Maybe forego the sub for the time being and buy a good one like a SVS PB series later. In my opinion buying a cheap sub is not worth it. You could consider the Dali E9F, I have that and it is a very good performer for the price. Or as I said, let go of the sub now and get one 6 months down the line. This way it will be a much more complete system qualitatively. The 3050 will do nicely for movies now anyway, you probably will not be missing much at the moment.

Maybe forego the sub for the time being and buy a good one like a SVS PB series later. In my opinion buying a cheap sub is not worth it. You could consider the Dali E9F, I have that and it is a very good performer for the price. Or as I said, let go of the sub now and get one 6 months down the line. This way it will be a much more complete system qualitatively. The 3050 will do nicely for movies now anyway, you probably will not be missing much at the moment.
I agree with this suggestion. Forego the sub for the time being and get 3050i, it can give you enough punch in your small room. Later on, you can add sub any time.

Thank you for the reply this not a 2 rather 2000 cents coz ur having them for quite a long time ..let me know what do you think on my above questions..
Hey! You could always buy a sub later. In any case you will certainly need to have a quality Sub for HT use. No speaker in this price range at least, go really low to reinforce the LFE.

With a 3050i, you get really good speaker that goes for deep tight bass, though not into 40Hz range. Importantly the tweeters are almost at ear level when seated on a sofa. With a good Amp/AVR you will enjoy the content coming out of the 3050i. If I were you and with the budget, I will go for the FS and not the bookshelf.

For the record, I do run a VELODYNE SPL 1000 Ultra for HT and also sometimes for Dance music. I don't go above 45 (volume level) for LFE for HT and around 28 for 2 channel music. Sounds really endearing and can play for long hours too with this setup. I love my setup. But that's me ;)

Like I mentioned before QA FS really enhances the Living Room which is another a big plus.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back