Yamaha 196..is it worth buying?

siddhu5692

Hi friends, im siddharth.. New to this forum.. Just planning to buy a proper 5.1 htib from consumer brands like sony or lg.then i came to know about av receivers through this forum.now i am planning to get proper av receiver.kindly help me in this friends. My budget is 30k. I short listed yamaha yht 196.is it worth buying or it is outdated? Mostly will listening music and 40prcnt will watch movies..

If it's music, look at a stereo setup. Will sound much better. You can look at the classified section for good deals on stereo amps and speakers.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thnx for ur reply bro.I short listed yamaha avr 2064. I think it is a bit older model. Is it worth enough buying these amp?? My usage is movie watching and music listening.also in ebay,they are selling avr 2064 along with yamaha ns-p440 wooden speakers. Is this combo worth for good listening?? Kindly help me. thnx in advance

These are htib models and very good startup systems. They will do what they do very well. But don't expect too many upgrade options with them. That aside, for casual music and movie experience, these will do just fine. They will also educate you on your taste and preferences to keep in mind for your next system.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Thnx bro. Avr 2064 plus ns-p440 itself costs 45bucks. If i increase my budjet a bit,shl i get any better versiions?? My questions are look like childesh,dnt get angry bro.. plz bear with me.

Hi sidhu5692, you should make sure that your AVR can decode the latest codecs like the DTS-HD Master Audio/Dolby TrueHD at the very minimum because otherwise you won't be able to use the full potential/quality of Blu-ray DVDs, which have these formats.

Also the speakers provided with the HTiBs are really small. Their speakers are mostly made up of less than 4 inch small paper cone which limits you to use the full potential of high definition lossless formats like DTS-HDMA.

I would suggest if you have a budget constraint, start with atleast entry level Denon AVR-X520BT and Wharfedale Diamond Series 220 Bookshelf Speakers. Later on, you can add some good quality surround speakers. Build your system slowly. But start with a good foundation.

I am not saying HTiBs are bad. Good experience comes from good quality speakers more than 90 percent of the time.

Thnx bro. Avr 2064 plus ns-p440 itself costs 45bucks. If i increase my budjet a bit,shl i get any better versiions?? My questions are look like childesh,dnt get angry bro.. plz bear with me.

Hey no question is childish. We all started this way. The 2064 receivers seems like a good receiver. However, I am not too sure about the speakers. Do audition the combination and see if you like it.

You could also check OLX for some pre used systems. Below are some that I had found while searching for speakers for myself.

Yamaha YHT-299

Polk Audio 5.1

Bose 5.1 Speaker

Yamaha speakers 5 nos only speakers

All the best. keep us posted on your progress.

MaSh

Hi

You can also look at Taga line up of speakers which are available on Hifi Mart....they also blend well.

Thnx for ur reply bro.I short listed yamaha avr 2064. I think it is a bit older model. Is it worth enough buying these amp?? My usage is movie watching and music listening.also in ebay,they are selling avr 2064 along with yamaha ns-p440 wooden speakers. Is this combo worth for good listening?? Kindly help me. thnx in advance

What is the cost of 2064 ?

They are selling avr 2064 along with yamaha ns-p440 wooden speakers for the price of 45500. is it a worth buy in this price?

Last edited:
My usage is hearing good quality music and watching hd videos and movies through external hard disks. Is this worth buying above receiver setup? As currently im not having bluray nor hdsettop box

the onkyo avr plus polk 5.1 are available for 50000 rs in the olx website.. does this makes a good option? is this avr and speakers are good?

You may need to decide what your source will be.If listening to stereo music then no need for an AVR. A stereo amp will do better anyways. Also stereo for TV watching works great unless you are opting for surround setup which might not be the best way to go with your budget. Go visit some dealers and get a few auditions. see whether it motivates you towards stereo or surround. The upgrade path also depends whether you get an home theater in a box (HTiB) or go separates. Do not rush into deals that look attractive to you at this point.
again your source is just as important in the chain on what kind of gear you buy.

Answer a few questions. How big is your room? What kind of music do you listen to? What is your budget? What source do you intend to use? CD player,pc/laptop,tv? Then it will get easier for forum members to suggest options.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

My room is exactly i dnt know bro. Bt it was not big just a avg sized room. My sources are led tv,dvd player,laptop,external hard disks. Im not fond of any particular music genres.Mostly ll listen regional languages like tamil movie songs. Ar rahman anirudh etc. Thn some bollywood musics..

For 30k, you can get a pair of bookshelf speakers and a stereo amp like norge. Boston acoustics,wharfedale, dali zensor1 are decent candidates. Check them out.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back