Yamaha rxv 679
Denon x2200w
OR
Yamaha rxv 777 bt.
Also friends
How much duty will I have to pay when I am carrying the avr back to India
Any packing advise .

Why not buy local?
Shipping, customs, warranty and step-down transformers are an unwanted headache.
Pricing is competitive if you take all of the above into consideration.
Both Yamaha and Denon have a good presence in India.

Cheers,
Raghu

Both Yamaha & Denon are good.It is based on your hearing taste. Try to audition and decide.
In features x2200w wins over rx v679
Audyssey Silver calibration
Dolby Atmos/Dolby surround & Dts X/Neural X decoders (later via firmware upgradation)

Hi Raj
Recently I got denon x3100 from US thru my BIL
Totally it cost me the price paid to Amazon only.
PM me I will give details regarding
Packing and the photos to your whatsapp number
Cheers

Right now I am at Kobe, Japan. As both Yamaha and denon are Japanese is it worthwhile to buy at Japan.

If you are buying in Japan, couple of things that I could think of:

Check if onscreen menus are available in English and that the manual or CD has an English version.

What is voltage at which it works, I think they use a different one.

Since the Indian warranty is pathetic (i.e. 1 year), it maybe worthwhile to bring projector and AVR from overseas. Typically from Europe, it is better as they have the same voltage range as available here. Plus you get to save 30k at a minimum for medium range brands and more than 50k for high end brands.

Current limit for goods is 45K.. Assuming you only carry the AVR with you...

Usually you will get very good deals during Christmas - new year sale .. Don't stick to any brands, pick the AVR which offers best VFM...Try to get dual voltage systems, so that it works in India without step down converters.

If you are not able to locate a dual voltage system for a good price, pick the US version (110V) and get a step down transformer here...

Japan is 110V , also USA. Is better ..
But fellow FM ,
Which avr is better
The yam 679
OR
The Denon X2200W

Have not put Pioneer VSX 90 in your shortlist ? Heard a lot of good on forum for it. Also if your looking to buy Denon have read the x910 is better package than the X2200w.

Japan is 110V , also USA. Is better ..
But fellow FM ,
Which avr is better
The yam 679
OR
The Denon X2200W

Japan is 100 vac, a small difference but can cause excessive heat when operated on 110~120 vac found in the USA. Most of Japan is 50Hz, while the US is strictly 60Hz.

You will find little difference between the sound of the various manufacturers at a given price point. Speakers, yes, there is a good deal of differences. You ears must be the final judge when choosing which to bring home.

Keep in mind that Yamaha is a vertically integrated company when it comes to sound. They make virtually all the component parts in house. The current crop of RX-V's seem to be piling out of Malaysia. Denon that I have seen at California retailers come from China.

American versions of Yamaha gear often includes items of use only in the America's and have a single voltage 60Hz transformer in them. Their "international" version omits the American features, and has an adjustable mains input, with a 50Hz insulation rating. Armed with this knowledge you can make an informed decision if you should buy and schlep it home, or purchase in the local market. Looking at street prices in US and India, unless you get a killer deal in the USA, you will pay the same and have less agro schlepping a carton through customs.

9c51b07f5a7150b99e59dda6888ac59e.jpg
<br />
<br />
Model ; 100 V ,50 hz <br />
But works out 200 USD almost 70 less than what in USA

India cost is about 44000/- Any idea whether I will have to pay any custom duty, as now the duty is hiked to 45k

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back