Yamaha RX-V581 or DENON 1200x

sushantsah

What is better to buy of these two

Anyone has best rates for them in any delhi ncr stores...

thanks

I would buy yamaha with my eyes closed. why? coz the yamaha in long run works really nice compared to denon, according to forum members! but personally i'm using it as well nps so far.

Both sound really good. yamaha will satisfy in music too but denon purely for movie lovers. it depends on the speakers u want to pair with as well.

Hi

Compare the specs of both, check after sales service and warranty and decide...ultimately you are the end user.

What is better to buy of these two

thanks

Is RX-V581 available in India yet ? I'm also considering choice between DENON x1200 / Pioneer VSX-930 and Yamaha V579. But V579 doesn't have Atmos so not really future ready...

Is RX-V581 available in India yet ? I'm also considering choice between DENON x1200 / Pioneer VSX-930 and Yamaha V579. But V579 doesn't have Atmos so not really future ready...

any good quotes you have got these ???
pls let me know

hi
any best quotes you have got for these avrs ?

sorry to hijack, but i am also in the same boat..
I am actually confused between the 2 avrs Yamaha RX v581 vs marantz NR1605

Thanks..

Hi

The way I see things is that the AVR market is competing with each other to make good business....there are a lot of AVRs side by side with similar features etc. Amplifier power is most of the time overrated...this is a related link by a reputed global forum

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: Manipulating Wattage Ratings | Audioholics

Like Audioholics, there are other forums which give a direction and food for thought to every consumer to make the right decision.

It seems the V581 is launched to counter the Denon x1200w which seems to be the most HYPED AVR among the masses.

I briefly got a chance to use the Denon 1200 for a week and although it has some muscle, it lacks punch and depth for music playback...movies sound good but not awesome.....I see almost the same features in the V581.....

Yamaha was great till the 90s and what you get today from their entry level or mid segment AVRs is satisfactory....my first AVR after using Arphi/Norge/Sony/Panasonic was the Yamaha RX V440 6.1 which was made in Japan and still alive till date in my home town. It was purchased in 2002.

If you want something which gives you a real audiophile experience for music and excellent cinematic experience, look at Denon 2000 series and above models, Marantz, Pioneer 800 series and above including LX series, Yamaha Aventage series mid & high segment models etc.

This opinion is based on using and testing AVRs over the past decade in normal home conditions and not in an acoustic treated room where dealers try to wow your experience and try to make a quick buck.

Basic difference between the V581 and NR1605 is that the NR1605 has no Dolby Atmos or DTS X....honestly there is not much difference from a 7.1 setup vs Dolby Atmos....I attended the What HiFi Show in March and experienced it for myself....I also feel that Dolby Atmos is just picking up and possibly be more wide spread in the next 2 years where content will be available...

If you are musically inclined and look for good audiophile refinement, go for Marantz which delivers a warm signature and depth with good detailing. Advantage is 9 band adjustable EQ is available which is rarely seen in other entry / mid segment level AVR Brands.

There will be a lot of AVRs coming up in the next 6 months to 1 year which as usual will compete with each other in terms of features size etc.....you need to see what is your requirements, connectivity options and budget and go for the right one....

The choice now is yours.....all the best!

Hi

The way I see things is that the AVR market is competing with each other to make good business....there are a lot of AVRs side by side with similar features etc. Amplifier power is most of the time overrated...this is a related link by a reputed global forum

AV Receiver and Amplifier Power Ratings Trends: Manipulating Wattage Ratings | Audioholics

Like Audioholics, there are other forums which give a direction and food for thought to every consumer to make the right decision.

It seems the V581 is launched to counter the Denon x1200w which seems to be the most HYPED AVR among the masses.

I briefly got a chance to use the Denon 1200 for a week and although it has some muscle, it lacks punch and depth for music playback...movies sound good but not awesome.....I see almost the same features in the V581.....

Yamaha was great till the 90s and what you get today from their entry level or mid segment AVRs is satisfactory....my first AVR after using Arphi/Norge/Sony/Panasonic was the Yamaha RX V440 6.1 which was made in Japan and still alive till date in my home town. It was purchased in 2002.

If you want something which gives you a real audiophile experience for music and excellent cinematic experience, look at Denon 2000 series and above models, Marantz, Pioneer 800 series and above including LX series, Yamaha Aventage series mid & high segment models etc.

This opinion is based on using and testing AVRs over the past decade in normal home conditions and not in an acoustic treated room where dealers try to wow your experience and try to make a quick buck.

Basic difference between the V581 and NR1605 is that the NR1605 has no Dolby Atmos or DTS X....honestly there is not much difference from a 7.1 setup vs Dolby Atmos....I attended the What HiFi Show in March and experienced it for myself....I also feel that Dolby Atmos is just picking up and possibly be more wide spread in the next 2 years where content will be available...

If you are musically inclined and look for good audiophile refinement, go for Marantz which delivers a warm signature and depth with good detailing. Advantage is 9 band adjustable EQ is available which is rarely seen in other entry / mid segment level AVR Brands.

There will be a lot of AVRs coming up in the next 6 months to 1 year which as usual will compete with each other in terms of features size etc.....you need to see what is your requirements, connectivity options and budget and go for the right one....

The choice now is yours.....all the best!

thanks... see but the real issues is for people like me....

who wants to take the experience of movies, music and gaming on another level.. from existing htib...

1. I am not 100% tech in sound, so lacks indepth knowledge
2. I am not in a metro or a city which has these av showrooms,
so audition cannot be done locally, i have to spend Rs. 6000+ logistic for
stay, food each audition/day
3. I am relying on forum to understand my need, and help me to settle upon
2-3 brand, series so in a single day i can audition it and buy it, before the
passion dies... and i move on to something different @lol

my room is 10x18, with a sliding door, so my front towers will be only 7 feet apart.

I have bought POlk TSx 440T

Have to buy Centre, sub whoof, 2 surround and avr to run this 5.1 setup

I like details, not loudness

PLEASE SUGGEST THE MISSING LINKS

Sushant

regards

The AVRs you have shortlisted are both good. There are many users of x1200w and also previous rx-v series. Also consider the availability of service center in your city.

When demoed I found Yamaha + Polk combo forward sounding or bright sound signature.

I havent heard polk with Yamaha. But Denon matches really well with them. Also I have heard Pioneer lx series which are great with them.

When it comes to AV receivers you get a new features added every year.

Bluetooth, wifi on receivers are becoming common on most of the av receivers. So my suggestion would be to concentrate more on the sound quality of the receivers. It is really important for a receiver to power up the speakers without any distortion even at higher volumes.

Hi Sushant,

Most of us have started out journey in the audio / avr world doing a lot of trial and errors...some of us brought systems which were not good, some were good, that's how we have built our tastes in systems and have experience in providing guidance where possible.....

One man's meat is another man's poison (apologies Celester340 for robbing your line), everyone is different and have different expectations...we have grown in our interests and budget plays an important role for most of us who have responsibilities of dependables.....

The only advice we can give is trust your ears and audition systems before purchase.....don't rush....

Polks work well with Denon, Better than Denon is Marantz etc.... these are all calculative budget calls taken by users to decide how much they are willing to spend and what level of clarity they want to achieve.

Polks work best with denon, wharfedale with Marantz... are we trying to package these brands here? From my limited auditioning experience, almost all major speakers blend well with almost all major receivers , with a slight ignore-able differences here and there. The difference is almost subtle when we compare competitors of same class.
As we always say, audition them before you take a call and dont forget to drop that 'prejudism' when you go for auditioning.

Last edited:
Last month i got a Polk Rti A5 with CSI a6 as centre and DSW 660 as sub .... Paired with a Yamaha RX- V581 and it sounds outstanding ... Sounds are crisp and clear ... Had been using Denon previously with Bose Acost 10 which was good ... But polk with Yamaha is a ultimate combination .... Go have some audition and decide it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I use the Polk RTi A1 speakers with Marantz and the sound is bliss......the built quality and type of speaker config also matters.....

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back