Yamaha wxa 50?

Hi,

Looking for some purchase advice. I have a pair of q acoustics 3020i and looking for an amplifier/streamer combo. After some basic research, have narrowed down to the Yamaha wxa 50.

Would be great if owners or experts could share some light on this pairing and if it makes sense to get this amplifier. Budget would be around the 30-35k mark.

thanks much in advance.

I have a WXC50 and it’s a great little streamer/preamp and its other sibling WXA more or less is the same with a class D Power amp section.
To get the best out of your 3020i may be you can look at Yamaha RN803. You can consider the one that’s come on sale by FM @jai1611

The 803 is any time better than the WXA50 and has a good tonal characteristics compared to the later.

Regards,
Som

I have the wxc-50 and can vouch for the same. I just leave the pen drive and wifi connected and use mobile app for playing anything. It has done great so far.

The wxa could be as good but iam not sure of the class d amp built in.

I have a WXC50 and it’s a great little streamer/preamp and its other sibling WXA more or less is the same with a class D Power amp section.
To get the best out of your 3020i may be you can look at Yamaha RN803. You can consider the one that’s come on sale by FM @jai1611

The 803 is any time better than the WXA50 and has a good tonal characteristics compared to the later.

Regards,
Som
Thanks for the heads up. Think the 803 is slightly above my budget and the user you mentioned is anyways not selling it to Delhi ncr buyers.

Given the budget, considering the marantz pm 6006 (although it seems to have fewer connectivity features). Any thoughts on that?

Somehow, the wxa 50 seems to have all the requirements atleast (high res streaming, subwoofer out, decent amplification) but just need to know from an overall sound quality perspective (especially since they’ll be matched with my q acoustics 3020i).
Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. Think the 803 is slightly above my budget and the user you mentioned is anyways not selling it to Delhi ncr buyers.

Given the budget, considering the marantz pm 6006 (although it seems to have fewer connectivity features). Any thoughts on that?

Somehow, the wxa 50 seems to have all the requirements atleast (high res streaming, subwoofer out, decent amplification) but just need to know from an overall sound quality perspective (especially since they’ll be matched with my q acoustics 3020i).
Thanks.
Hey!

Since you are in Bombay, you can get the amp auditioned!
I had auditioned a Yamaha receiver at The Shop near Juhu Circle.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back