Suggestion to air condition a home theater?

xewecan

I have turned a bedroom into a small dedicated home theater. However, with the amps, projector, and people in the room it gets quite warm. The room is on the second floor and there is attic space above. Also, there is attic space on the other side of one wall of the room.

The components are in a closet and I am thinking of closing the sliding closet door, cutting a hole to project through, and installing a bathroom ceiling fan in the closet to vent the hot air into the attic. However, I am concerned that that may not be enough in such a small space.

I've briefly looked into installing a dedicated AC unit in the room, but aside from the installation complexity (I would have to wire 240V power up to the room), I am concerned about the noise as well.

Any suggestions?

I have turned a bedroom into a small dedicated home theater. However, with the amps, projector, and people in the room it gets quite warm. The room is on the second floor and there is attic space above. Also, there is attic space on the other side of one wall of the room.

The components are in a closet and I am thinking of closing the sliding closet door, cutting a hole to project through, and installing a bathroom ceiling fan in the closet to vent the hot air into the attic. However, I am concerned that that may not be enough in such a small space.

I've briefly looked into installing a dedicated AC unit in the room, but aside from the installation complexity (I would have to wire 240V power up to the room), I am concerned about the noise as well.
AC repair in Austin TX
Any suggestions?
thanks in advance for any help

Any suggestions?
A split ac would solve the issue. Any AC with less than 20 dbA is good. I prefer the Mitsubishi heavy industries split.

Daikin is v silent ac .you will never know wheather it's on or off unless you watch for power light
No, it's not. I recently bought a Daikin 1-ton inverter AC, and it's not silent. Even in silent mode, I can still hear the sound. LG is much quieter compared to Daikin.

No, it's not. I recently bought a Daikin 1-ton inverter AC, and it's not silent. Even in silent mode, I can still hear the sound. LG is much quieter compared to Daikin.
I have got 3 Daikin acs at home 2 ton each .my opinion is based on that.better to visit friends house who have installed various brands and decide

Daikin is v silent ac .you will never know wheather it's on or off unless you watch for power light
We have 2 Daikin's in our office. It's not bad but I find the remote not so responsive sometimes and the finish of the Indoor unit looks average. In my personal view, prefer the Mitsubhishi Electric in the house with respect to performance and finish too.
I guess the QC of Daikin use to be good when it was earlier manufactured in Thailand.

Last edited:
Where is this HT located? The OP location is stated as the United States and he also mentions about 240v wiring.

I would suggest him a Pioneer spilt unit or a Cooper and Hunter cassette unit. These two brands are known for their low noise. For efficiency etc. other brands like umpteen other brands like Westinghouse are available.

Since the FM is from the US, it's better he checks out the brands vis-a- vis to noise levels available there since some of the brands in India may not be there.

Since the FM is from the US, it's better he checks out the brands vis-a- vis to noise levels available there since some of the brands in India may not be there.
I made sure Mitsubishi Heavy Industries is there in the USA before commenting. Hopefully, the OP gets one easily as Centralized AC is more common there. :)

Any suggestions?
Can you drop a drawing/positioning, preferably with room dimensions?

Also, how's the weather where you are?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back