A Swarm of Remotes

ValarMorghulis

Hi All,

A big bane of buying a multitude of electronic things is the hassle of shifting between remotes. I have a LED TV, a YHT HT, a BD Player and a Set top box. Each is run by its own remote and since I have connected the TV's audio out through the HT and the USB is inserted in the BD Player at any time I have to shuffle between remotes for any thing.
For eg. To watch a movie or listen to music I have to: Use the TV remote, BD Player remote for controlling the media and the HT remote to control the sound aspects.
This has started to get on my nerves. :mad:
Is there anyone who has faced a similar problem?
Do you use a universal remote or a home hub to control them all?
I have Googled and found the Logitech Harmony 650 Remote as a solution, but it costs around 8k (in amazon.in). That's kinda steep.
The other option I found was the Logitech Ultimate, a combination of Universal Remote+Hub that even turns your smartphone in a remote control (unable to find it though online in India, flipkart has a vriant for 31k!!).

Any suggestions? Or should I continue fiddling between remotes?:sad:

I use the harmony 650 and can vouch for it.8k is too much money to pay for the harmony 650.I suggest you source it from the US,new or used or even a refurbished harmony 650 , would do the trick

I had Logitech Harmony 700 for close to one year... My brother got it from US for $50... In india it was 8.5K.... So if you can get it from US, in Christmas sale, even better....

On the other note, see if your components like TV, AVR & BD player have HDMI -CEC control... This function will allow you to control devices using one remote AVR... At least the basic functions like turning on them, volume....

I have used a Harmony One (screen broke), an 885 (lousy key placement), a 700, a 650 (both great), and now use a Harmony Smart Control, which includes a hub, and an RF remote. It's pretty excellent, and has a very nice remote too. Not available in India, but you can buy it online for $125 plus shipping. You can use either the included rf remote, or any mobile or tablet to control everything. That's a great price for what it does, imho.

Btw, don't try anything but Harmony - I have, and they all sucked, except the really expensive ones. Harmony's "Activity" concept is really easy once you understand it.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back