Acer H5370BD projector - Fan fail problem on brand new unit!!! Next steps?

max123_ind

Hi guys, my friend in US got the H5370BD yesterday and today he turned it on. And only after 5 minutes of operation getting 'Fan fail' error and shuts down automatically.:sad:

I have read reviews from Amazon and many talk about this fan fail after couple of months etc. Anyone who has bought it there should get it checked once.. I don't think NewEgg has a refund policy on this item at least. Only replacements. I would ask for a refund if I could.:mad:

so guys, what to do now? Ask for a replacement unit?:sad:

------------ Excerpt from manual --------------
"Fan failed. Lamp will automatically turn off soon."
This onscreen message indicates that the fan has failed. The lamp will
automatically turn off, the projector will automatically shut down,
and the LED temp indicator will blink. Contact your local dealer or
service center.

Attachments

• fain_fail.jpg
    fain_fail.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
That is so shocking and depressing:sad:.I am so nervous now as i wouldn't even get an opportunity to return the pj in case of such complaints.Ask your friend to initiate return of the pj. Also do ask him whether the fan was actually running while it showed the error?

One friend ordered it and had it shipped to the other one. Who should contact NewEgg? I have asked the person who originally ordered to call NewEgg. I think there is some forms to be filled and it will be processed. Let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed. :(

As far I know Fan error comes mostly when there is an RPM variation of the fan or the failure of the same.Other possibility is lamp getting heated up beyond the admissible temperature.

As far I know Fan error comes mostly when there is an RPM variation of the fan or the failure of the same.Other possibility is lamp getting heated up beyond the admissible temperature.

Lamp getting heated is a different message. This one is different. I read i na forum that replacing fan also didn't solve it as it could mean a failure of the whole board, an expensive fix. I'll probably get a replacement. :mad:

this is real shocking .. sad too after wait and so much of pain we manage to get some stuff
and they end up failing like this.

why dont you just contact ACer india for PJ and tell them the complete story they might have some suggestions atleast.

i am also worried now as mine coming next week and i wont be able to get it replaced atleast for next few months

this is real shocking .. sad too after wait and so much of pain we manage to get some stuff
and they end up failing like this.

why dont you just contact ACer india for PJ and tell them the complete story they might have some suggestions atleast.

i am also worried now as mine coming next week and i wont be able to get it replaced atleast for next few months

I second on this ....We might get some useful inputs....

In US ,user reported poor after sale service and couldn't worked out for any solution.
Some said that keep Brightness low to prevent overheating the lamp.

Does Acer not provide international support and warranty ?

I am also worried as my friend has got it from US and it might be months before it reaches my hands... so not sure about how to get it fixed in case there is such an issue. The warranty and replacement is one year right ?

Not at all happy with the news, hope it gets sorted out...

Those who have brought the PJ, please also invest on the UPS and take care o0f your PJ. Operate it in a dust free environment and do not over use. If using the PJ for an entire cricket match, turn it off during the lunch break. Better stick to it only for movies.

In our country, we always need to pay extra for these simple small pleasures of life. If the taxes were on acceptable levels, we could have easily brought this here itself and take care of warranty issues. Electronics can never be predicted, that said, I am an happy user for the last 6 months and 312 hours of usage as of now.

I have asked the person who originally ordered to call NewEgg. I think there is some forms to be filled and it will be processed. Let's see how it goes. Fingers crossed.
13.gif

Replacement request was raised by Newegg as perper last update I had from max. He will be getting his pj sometime in feb.

Replacement unit received to friend's house in US on 26th Dec. New unit is fine, he's on vacation so his friends played about 4 movies so far and I heard works fine so far.

As for the unit it will arrive in Feb.

Replacement unit received to friend's house in US on 26th Dec. New unit is fine, he's on vacation so his friends played about 4 movies so far and I heard works fine so far.

Thats a relief.Good it was in US and in warranty.Glad to know everything works fine.

Update... sudden power cut and I skipped a beat..

However the projector along with my 5.1 and xtreamer were still alive and kicking on 800va ups. I also understand that 1000 is recommended as few fm's tested but just to let people know that a 800va sine wave will also suffice..

finally cpl of weeks and you'd be watching big faces from your couch.....

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back