Advice for power amp

Phani24

Hi
I am thinking of adding power amp to my chain.
Current avr is Marantz cinema 50.
Current speakers klipsch reference. Iam thinking
Of adding a 5 channel power amp. Curreng configuration 7.1.2.
By adding power amp we will get more detailing in sound stage.

Thanks
Phani

Hi
I am thinking of adding power amp to my chain.
Current avr is Marantz cinema 50.
Current speakers klipsch reference. Iam thinking
Of adding a 5 channel power amp. Curreng configuration 7.1.2.
By adding power amp we will get more detailing in sound stage.

Thanks
Phani

Is the Cinema 50 lacking in detailing? A Power Amp is added if you feel that the output is not great as expected.

Once you finished Audyssey setup, you can manually adjust speaker levels to improve output. Also source levels can be adjusted manually to boost output. Refer to Owners manual.

As for me, once audyssey was done, I changed the setting from Reference to Flat and that works well for me.

If you really want to boost output, you can add a power amp, Emotiva would be ideal. Marantz also has power amps

I have used a customized 3 channel power amp with my previous avr sr5015. And its good even though sound stage is little bit harsh. I havd given it to my friend and not trued with marantz 50.
What about Emotova basx?

I have used a customized 3 channel power amp with my previous avr sr5015. And its good even though sound stage is little bit harsh. I havd given it to my friend and not trued with marantz 50.
What about Emotova basx?

SR5015 was 100 watts and the Cinema 50 (Erstwhile SR60xx series) is 110 watts 8 ohms load. It should be enough or try connecting the 3 channel power amp and see if there is a difference.

Emotiva BassX is good and clean power.

SR5015 was 100 watts and the Cinema 50 (Erstwhile SR60xx series) is 110 watts 8 ohms load. It should be enough or try connecting the 3 channel power amp and see if there is a difference.

Emotiva BassX is good and clean power.
Considering Emotova and O&B. But price of O&B no idea.

Now in between Emotova basx 3 channel anx O&B 3 channel
Emotova 140watts
O&b 110 watts
Hey Phani24,
Klipsch speakers are very high sensitivity and easy to drive speakers. I doubt you will benefit from an additional power amp. I would rather spend money on room acoustics to get a better sound stage and optimise the setup using Dirac. If you have decided to go for a Power amp, do think about factors such as serviceability, resale value and brand while picking your amplifier brand. I chose O&B as it's quality is supposed to be way better than comparative Emotiva and Crown amps. I have not received my unit yet and should have it in a couple of days. I will report my listening experience on the forum and try to get emotiva/crown equipment for comparison if possible.

Hey Phani24,
Klipsch speakers are very high sensitivity and easy to drive speakers. I doubt you will benefit from an additional power amp. I would rather spend money on room acoustics to get a better sound stage and optimise the setup using Dirac. If you have decided to go for a Power amp, do think about factors such as serviceability, resale value and brand while picking your amplifier brand. I chose O&B as it's quality is supposed to be way better than comparative Emotiva and Crown amps. I have not received my unit yet and should have it in a couple of days. I will report my listening experience on the forum and try to get emotiva/crown equipment for comparison if possible.
Previously i tried with customized power amp.
I find the difference . So now thinking of going with branded

Hey Phani24,
Which model you ordered. Specs and cost involved.

From ASR forum:
Just received 2 V3 Monos. Hooked them up in place of Emotiva PA-1s. Played a couple of Jack White's No Name album tracks, which had noticeable higher frequency harshness through the PA-1s. Harshness gone. Quite impressed. Signal path in this comparison is WiiM Pro > Emotiva XDA-3 DAC > Yamaha CX-A5100 (in pure direct mode) > V3 (XLR) > Revel Performa3 F206. It's also better balanced across the spectrum, so less to be gained by the trade-off of going to room correction on the Yamaha instead of pure direct, where the PA-1s were a bit better off with room correction on.

Those PA-1s, in turn, were better sounding than the Emotiva BasX A-300 I had in that position before them. So this is definitely going in the right direction.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back