Amplifier for B&W 805S

S. Basu

Hi Friends,

I am booked a B&W 805S bookshelf (second hand) speaker. Please suggest any integrated amplifier under 1 lac for best performance. Now I am using Quad 606 MKII with handmade Pre with my B&W 685 Bookshelf Speaker.

Hi Friends,

I am booked a B&W 805S bookshelf (second hand) speaker. Please suggest any integrated amplifier under 1 lac for best performance. Now I am using Quad 606 MKII with handmade Pre with my B&W 685 Bookshelf Speaker.

Why not try out your existing amps first and then decide whether you need an upgrade or not? Quad 606 is a nice amp. I am not sure what the handmade preamp is that you are using but maybe change that if it is a bottleneck before dumping everything altogether.

1 lac might not get you something significantly better than what you have.

Why not try out your existing amps first and then decide whether you need an upgrade or not? Quad 606 is a nice amp. I am not sure what the handmade preamp is that you are using but maybe change that if it is a bottleneck before dumping everything altogether.

I want to go with Integrated amplifier. Like Luxman, Sansui or Marantz. What's about PM 8006.

Try Sansui AU series. I had vintage B&W DM4. It killed every modern day speaker.
Any recommendation

Hi Friends,

the amp you have is wonderful , you would do better by getting a QUAD 66 pre and running the same.

B&W 805 need power to shine and i doubt you will get a high powered Integrated amp under 1L at the same quality as the Quad.

Quad have no Power Protection mode. Thant's why littlie bit nervous, Now I am using Marantz PM 17 which I got it from my friend from audition purpose. It's awesome performance with my existing speaker B&W 685.

Quad have no Power Protection mode. Thant's why littlie bit nervous, Now I am using Marantz PM 17 which I got it from my friend from audition purpose. It's awesome performance with my existing speaker B&W 685.
What are you intending by power protection ?
Have you compared thr 2 using Marantz as a pre and quad as a power amp ? Else you might be constrained by the diy pre you have now

Please try that once

What are you intending by power protection ?
Have you compared thr 2 using Marantz as a pre and quad as a power amp ? Else you might be constrained by the diy pre you have now

Please try that once
ok. Thanks for your suggestion.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back