Bedroom stereo setup upgrade

Correct - you just can't place speakers in that manner and no even sealed or PR speakers won't sound good.

You will not get any stage or imaging or layering whatsoever.
I guess this is true esp if I want to create that magic. However either I m yet to hear something truly amazing but even with my current bang Olufsen setup I can hear depth and separation. Good enough to enjoy music though they are sealed but with room compensation enabled. Hoping a floorstanders can upgrade the experience by 50% esp in clarity and staging and height even in 2d plane
Or am I wasting money here and be happy with my setup . My wife certainly agrees as for first time this is best setup we had and even she sits with me to listen common genre (I.e old songs)

Go
Yes the equipment that is still in production has recieved an increase in price but they discountinued the sonetto series around june/july 2024 hence the discounts.

Yes the equipment that is still in production has recieved an increase in price but they discountinued the sonetto series around june/july 2024 hence the discounts.
Ok will check and also size wise if they fit

If you are happy with the B&O then why change? Is it a beolab speaker?
I kind of mentioned earlier these are b&o beosound a5 active lifestyle speakers and yes I m happy(2L a pair) , though these rekindled love of Hifi music and itch to upgrade to passives especially floorstanders in hope of better stage , separation and height. I mean law of physics bigger passives with more drivers should upgrade sound at least by 50% and at least in demo I felt that . Now in my limited / untreated space not so sure hence need support / suggestions / ideas from forum
Worst case I may not lose anything and I do have living room to put either one of them in long run
But if general consensus is not by much then my wife is happy customer otherwise I m happy customer either way win win 😂

Had a home demo from Nad few weeks back didn’t like but pics can give some idea of space
Did this particular NAD model support room correction? The newer generation of NAD amps including the C389, NAD M10 V3 etc come with DIRAC which should resolve a good deal of the placement and room's impact on the sound.

Btw, which speakers are these?

Did this particular NAD model support room correction? The newer generation of NAD amps including the C389, NAD M10 V3 etc come with DIRAC which should resolve a good deal of the placement and room's impact on the sound.

Btw, which speakers are these?
Yes this was Nad c399 with blue os module installed and comes with Dirac live license upgradable to full bandwidth with 99usd
Might need to also invest in a good measurement mic though
These are psb t45 small towers
To me it did resolve some issues but if we can have eq or peq based systems I trust my ears also to adjust to my liking, doing too much measurement
I see many streamer dac coming with peq willm pro/plus one if cheapest ones I think

It allows manual tweaking later. I have a nad m10v2 with full dirac license. There are 5 separate slots where you can store tweaked curves.

A proper DSP has multiple types of filters ranging from the classic parametric, low shelf, high shelf, band pass and so forth. It also has various ways of affecting the time domain, some DSP has limiters etc. As far as I know Dirac has none of these, you can not choose a filter, its type, its frequency or amplitude. Tweaking and storing curves is not "control". Perhaps you should elaborate on what "control" Dirac has.

Yes this was Nad c399 with blue os module installed and comes with Dirac live license upgradable to full bandwidth with 99usd
Might need to also invest in a good measurement mic though
These are psb t45 small towers
To me it did resolve some issues but if we can have eq or peq based systems I trust my ears also to adjust to my liking, doing too much measurement
I see many streamer dac coming with peq willm pro/plus one if cheapest ones I think
I thought as much that these looked like PSB! 😊

If psb doesn't sound good, I'll caution you against going with any speaker brand before you figure out the best placement and/or try room correction.

I thought as much that these looked like PSB! 😊

If psb doesn't sound good, I'll caution you against going with any speaker brand before you figure out the best placement and/or try room correction.
I meant more on amp it was detailed and clean but not a great improvement on my current setup
Esp the depth and height were missing

I meant more on amp it was detailed and clean but not a great improvement on my current setup
Esp the depth and height were missing
Because of your room, hence room correction. If my 10k Fosi can produce exceptional height and depth, a 1.5L NAD should be able to as well, Ideally. I could be wrong so other NAD users can chip in and explain whether NAD amps are indeed no good. 😄

Hi all back to posting
Heart vs head
I have heard a lot bookshelves with subs are good but somehow my experience in demo center have been something about floor standers that beats them for musicality and enjoyment , and I have tried to reason out with logic but somehow can’t make the choice.
Suggest pls a lower range floorstanders or higher end bookshelves (same budget) ?

Hi all back to posting
Heart vs head
I have heard a lot bookshelves with subs are good but somehow my experience in demo center have been something about floor standers that beats them for musicality and enjoyment , and I have tried to reason out with logic but somehow can’t make the choice.
Suggest pls a lower range floorstanders or higher end bookshelves (same budget) ?
What have you auditioned so far and which are the particular speakers you liked?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back