Bedroom stereo setup upgrade

Hi all back to posting
Heart vs head
I have heard a lot bookshelves with subs are good but somehow my experience in demo center have been something about floor standers that beats them for musicality and enjoyment , and I have tried to reason out with logic but somehow can’t make the choice.
Suggest pls a lower range floorstanders or higher end bookshelves (same budget) ?
Logically if your room is big then, floor standers could make more sense. If your room is small/medium, then bookshelves + smaller subwoofer ( like a Rel) may be easier to place.

Hello everyone

I finally bought my speakers i.e. lumina v and now almost close to pulling trigger on rotel new streaming amp.
Though I question this amp have HDMI earc but I already have a bose soundbar connected to tv so how would I route audio to amp in case I want to listen thru either of setup ?
And if it helps I have apple tv 4k connected to normal hdmi port oft
Or do I have to connect using optical out from tv / HDMI audio extractor for appletv , will any of this provide a decent audio sampling 24/48 ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone

I finally bought my speakers i.e. lumina v and now almost close to pulling trigger on rotel new streaming amp.
Though I question this amp have HDMI earc but I already have a bose soundbar connected to tv so how would I route audio to amp in case I want to listen thru either of setup ?
And if it helps I have apple tv 4k connected to normal hdmi port oft
Or do I have to connect using optical out from tv / HDMI audio extractor for appletv , will any of this provide a decent audio sampling 24/48 ?
I would suggesting using the optical out from TV to your amp, I am using it the same way and sound is good enough. Sadly Apple Tv is limited to 48Khz

One more question regarding using my Sony tv as streamer I mean it has airplay , Chromecast and I can output digital audio they optical ,what am I missing , why do I need an external streamer / digital transport . This will save money and space for me by staying with a good integrated only

Bass is rich and very different from my small beosoind but I won't call it bpomy , though definitely something I need to tune ,mellow down if I want to listen a bit loud. What are my options in terms of treatment , carpet below port, sides . Absorber
I m still unsure about room correction due to limited amps and don't ideally want too much eq
Can any FM living in Bangalore lend me wiim pro plus to check peq..for now when I went to buy it is our of stock

Attachments

• IMG20241005093609.jpg
    IMG20241005093609.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20241005093556.jpg
    IMG20241005093556.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 24
One more question regarding using my Sony tv as streamer I mean it has airplay , Chromecast and I can output digital audio they optical ,what am I missing , why do I need an external streamer / digital transport . This will save money and space for me by staying with a good integrated only
There is no harm in using your TV as a streamer.

Than Why people prefer dedicated streamer?

1. No need to keep your TV powered on.
2. A large lighted screen is distraction for many.
3. Better sound quality.

There is no harm in using your TV as a streamer.

Than Why people prefer dedicated streamer?

1. No need to keep your TV powered on.
2. A large lighted screen is distraction for many.
3. Better sound quality.
Why better sound quality just curious it is all digital right

New setup widening and taking out of wardrobe left one ,wifey approved finally 😀

Attachments

• IMG20241005115619.jpg
    IMG20241005115619.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 19
New setup widening and taking out of wardrobe left one ,wifey approved finally 😀
I spot a Marantz AVR. It probably has Heos inbuilt for streaming, so no Wiim Pro Plus etc required, and Audyssey room correction, so no separate PEQ required.

I spot a Marantz AVR. It probably has Heos inbuilt for streaming, so no Wiim Pro Plus etc required, and Audyssey room correction, so no separate PEQ required.
Yes that's a loaner from where I bought speakers. I don't need avr too clunky too many ports.
I m waiting for pricing on rotel amps , but also still wondering arcam sa30 , audiolab 9000a and rotel 1572,1592,ras 5000. Unless I throw Yamaha rn1000a also is mix. All have different proposition and have heard only rotel and audiolab7000a. Any suggestions/ brainstorm will be welcome

Yes that's a loaner from where I bought speakers. I don't need avr too clunky too many ports.
I m waiting for pricing on rotel amps , but also still wondering arcam sa30 , audiolab 9000a and rotel 1572,1592,ras 5000. Unless I throw Yamaha rn1000a also is mix. All have different proposition and have heard only rotel and audiolab7000a. Any suggestions/ brainstorm will be welcome
Arcam SA30 has DIRAC room correction if im not mistaken. It also HDMI ARC, so connecting and controlling the TV/Amp will be a breeze and sound much better than Airplay or any other wireless protocol.

Arcam SA30 has DIRAC room correction if im not mistaken. It also HDMI ARC, so connecting and controlling the TV/Amp will be a breeze and sound much better than Airplay or any other wireless protocol.
Ok price seems a bit high i remember seeing hifimart selling a demo piece not sure if it is there or how to contact them
How are reviews of arcam ?
And no takers for Yamaha sound ? It has ypao and half the price ? Why

Is arcam recommended with enough power and neutral sound signature for lumina v pairing ?

Is arcam recommended with enough power and neutral sound signature for lumina v pairing ?
For a setup where placement/positioning is not at your own liberty, will or ideal, I would recommend DIRAC as a preferred metric over all else, including "neutral" tonality, whatever that is.

If I could suggest,
NAD 399 with the PSB B600.
The 399 as all the bells and whistles you are seeking along with Dirac and the B600 have more than enough LF you can expect from a bookshelf.
But like I always say, have a listen and then decide.

If I could suggest,
NAD 399 with the PSB B600.
The 399 as all the bells and whistles you are seeking along with Dirac and the B600 have more than enough LF you can expect from a bookshelf.
But like I always say, have a listen and then decide.
Already bought lumina v

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back