Budget AVR for Monoprice speakers

kkdeep

I have these speakers
https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=109&cp_id=10906&cs_id=1090601&p_id=10565

I understand the speakers are clone of energy speakers. See
https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-budget-surround-sound-speaker-system/

These were an impulse buy for a newbie (me) and were quite cheap. Need to pair these with an AVR. I have no experience in HT and do not want to spend much at this time. Please suggest a AVR to pair with these. I am fine with second hand as well. Already checked the "For sale by Owner' Forum and can't find anything there. Appreciate any suggestions.

May I know where you bought it.? I can't find it anywhere in India. And, is it compatible with Indian voltage (230v 50z)..?

Say < 30K

I bought it from US. These are not powered speakers so voltage should not matter.
Dude, the link you gave up top doesn't work for me. So you say you bought it from US. But what about the sub.? Its powered..right..? Or did you get it without the sub.?

Dude, the link you gave up top doesn't work for me. So you say you bought it from US. But what about the sub.? Its powered..right..? Or did you get it without the sub.?

Sorry completely forgot about the sub. Yes it will not take Indian 220 V supply and I would need a step down Transformer.
Not sure why the link does not work for you. It does work for me. If you still cannot access it let me know. I will download and link the manual on my google drive.

Sorry completely forgot about the sub. Yes it will not take Indian 220 V supply and I would need a step down Transformer.
Not sure why the link does not work for you. It does work for me. If you still cannot access it let me know. I will download and link the manual on my google drive.
Yep, still can't access the link bro. And, did you buy a step-down transformer.? Does it work as expected, get the job done.? How much did it cost and where did you buy it from.? I'm thinking of buying these speakers and I really need you help bro.

The links in the first post, work perfectly fine for me. Speakers have good specs.

I am planning to upgrade from my Marantz, you could come over and check it out. It should be a great match for these speakers.

MaSh

Hello,

You can contact Avenue Sound. They have it in stock. Check out the below link.

http://avenuesound.in/shop/product/...um-5-1-ch-home-theater-system-with-subwoofer/

Thanks
Thank you for the info dude @Strings But actually I called them on the number from their site regarding this a few days back and the person on the other end doesn't seem to speak english (this is very strange). And I don't speak hindi. So he asks me to wait on the line and then, after some minutes, he cuts the call. This has happened 2-3 times. I don't know what to do next. I really like this set and would def buy it if it's compatible with indian voltage.

Yep, still can't access the link bro. And, did you buy a step-down transformer.? Does it work as expected, get the job done.? How much did it cost and where did you buy it from.? I'm thinking of buying these speakers and I really need you help bro.
@navin_adharsh I have not bought the step down transformer yet. getting one thing at a time :). As I said i brought the speaker from USA. I would be happy to help in any way I can. I see other member has already given the link of India seller. Hopefully those do not need a step down transformer.

Please suggest a AVR to pair with these. I am fine with second hand as well. Already checked the "For sale by Owner' Forum and can't find anything there. Appreciate any suggestions.

Used AVR from FM in your city would be a good choice for a first timer to inspect & pick, when on a budget.. Please open a "Wanted" thread under classifieds section of the forum, mentioning your budget and you should get responses..

I am using these monoprice speaker set for more than 5 years now. I have paired with Denon 1016 and it works like charm. I bought step down transformer from local electrical pune market (Budhwar peth) for 500INR. Recently I upgraded front speakers to Wharfdale. AVR and wharfdale are purchased from this forum only. If you need any help, please pm me and I would be glad to assist you in whichever way.

Thank you for the info dude @Strings But actually I called them on the number from their site regarding this a few days back and the person on the other end doesn't seem to speak english (this is very strange). And I don't speak hindi. So he asks me to wait on the line and then, after some minutes, he cuts the call. This has happened 2-3 times. I don't know what to do next. I really like this set and would def buy it if it's compatible with indian voltage.

Hah... that's really strange. Did you try their both the numbers? (+91-22-23644258, +91-22-27715878). You can even chat with them online on their website. You will see the chat box on the below right corner of the website.

Here's the link. http://avenuesound.in/

Regards

+91-22-23644258
I didn't try this one, I called the one that's on top of their page.
chat with them online
Didn't notice it before as only their home page supports the chat box and not the shopping site (strange again). Just now discovered it.
This did the trick as it led me right to their homepage, the other link you gave took me directly to their shop.
Thank You VM.

I didn't try this one, I called the one that's on top of their page.

Didn't notice it before as only their home page supports the chat box and not the shopping site (strange again). Just now discovered it.

This did the trick as it led me right to their homepage, the other link you gave took me directly to their shop.
Thank You VM.

Happy to help:)

Do try bargaining with them. Once they know you're genuinely interested they will give you call backs and even reduce prices. Personal experience. Although I finally ended up buying something else from somewhere else.

Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back