Compact stereo system for Digital

mrsingh

Hi All,

I am going all Digital.

I listen to vintage ghazals ans sufi and most of most of my music is MP3. I do have a few hundred CDs but I will get them ripped and convert them to FLAC filed.

I need a system which is simple, plug and play.

My source will be USB, CD, Online Streaming.

My Budget is 50,000- 100,00 and I am considering a Denon N9 or a Bluesound Node with 2 bookshelves ( PSB Mini Imagine or EPOS K1)

I am most worried about my quality of content, is there any player which can help me get the most out of my MP3 content.

Any suggestions.

I wouldn't spend much on a "streaming" solution. Any router will do, and a $35 Chromecast Audio.

Use that money on better speakers and amp. Any speakers + amp can be made wireless with simple $35 devices like Chromecast Audio or Raspberry Pi. From experience I've spent lots on wireless speakers like Sonos and they simply don't deliver in the most important department of sound quality. Portability, ease of use, tons of apps, etc. is good, but not good to the point you will enjoy average computer speakers quality sound from them.

The KEF X300A Wireless is another option to consider. The SQ is much better.

The main problem though is going to be MP3s in your collection. Quality rips at 356 kbps VBR will be "good enough', but anything less like 128 kbps is going to be the Achilles heel of your entire setup. I'd start buying CDs or re-ripping them again in FLAC or WAV.

Hi All,

I am going all Digital.

I listen to vintage ghazals ans sufi and most of most of my music is MP3. I do have a few hundred CDs but I will get them ripped and convert them to FLAC filed.

I need a system which is simple, plug and play.

My source will be USB, CD, Online Streaming.

My Budget is 50,000- 100,00 and I am considering a Denon N9 or a Bluesound Node with 2 bookshelves ( PSB Mini Imagine or EPOS K1)

I am most worried about my quality of content, is there any player which can help me get the most out of my MP3 content.

Any suggestions.

To enjoy good music, you need a decent DAC. So please do some research on DAC part.

I wouldn't spend much on a "streaming" solution. Any router will do, and a $35 Chromecast Audio.

Use that money on better speakers and amp. Any speakers + amp can be made wireless with simple $35 devices like Chromecast Audio or Raspberry Pi. From experience I've spent lots on wireless speakers like Sonos and they simply don't deliver in the most important department of sound quality. Portability, ease of use, tons of apps, etc. is good, but not good to the point you will enjoy average computer speakers quality sound from them.

The KEF X300A Wireless is another option to consider. The SQ is much better.

The main problem though is going to be MP3s in your collection. Quality rips at 356 kbps VBR will be "good enough', but anything less like 128 kbps is going to be the Achilles heel of your entire setup. I'd start buying CDs or re-ripping them again in FLAC or WAV.
Did not know about these options, will definitely demo and explore more

My bedroom is a 10*11 space and I can use a Bluesound Vault 2 / Powernode 2 OR a Marantz MCR611 as a (Source -DAC- AMP) - which one would be better? any other options in the similar product category ? What bookshelves do u recommend ? I happened to check PSB imagine at Lakozy and kinda liked it !

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back