DAC under $1000

@Prem , I am using the ifi micro dsd . I am pretty happy with it for now. It needs a very good transport , and it works best with the co-axial input.
I have never heard a "Schiit" product. I am also waiting for the release of the ifi pro series.
At this moment , I am holding any dac upgrades.

Schiit Multibit DACs are good, especially Yggy.

Another train of thought is to invest in a powerful PC and use s/w like HQPlayer to upsample all music and then feed to a DAC. In this scenario even a semi-budget DAC sounds wonderful because the music is cleaner and free of artifacts that are removed as part of the upsampling/filtering process with HQP.

I've heard both though my experience with HQP is limited, but I did really like what I heard. Of course DACs like the Yggdrasil also do this upsampling with their "Mega Burrito" filter and in this case its hands down one of the best DACs I've heard.

@Prem -- My Bad. But would like to know your view on Ifi products vs Schitt products ..Both are in the Value for Money category for that matter.

Kushnava, have not heard ifi. To me ifi makes sense if one has DSD recordings. I do not have any. So for me PCM playback quality is critical. I heard Hex, Yggdrasil and Vega recently. Preferred Yggdrasil.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back