Denon x3800H during power cut switches to standby for few milliseconds.

kanishkrathi

Hi all,
Little background to my question
I have a Denon x3800h AVR. It's connected to a good Sine wave inverter which runs in USP mode. The inverter easily keeps the PC on during power cut. However when there is a power cut the AVR switches to standby for few milliseconds and then it turns back on again.
So my question is how to I avoid my AVR going into standby for those few milliseconds?

Hi all,
I have a Denon x3800h AVR. It's connected to a good Sine wave inverter which runs in USP mode. The inverter easily keeps the PC on during power cut. However when there is a power cut the AVR switches to standby for few milliseconds and then it turns back on again.
So my question is how to I avoid my AVR going into standby for those few milliseconds?
I have the same situation with my Denon 3600H, was thinking of adding a APC ups just for the amp

Hi all,

If backup & surge protection is a critical aspect for you pick up a good double conversion online UPS from APC/Eaton

Hi all,
Is your inverter from Microtek?

Do not connect an AVR or any audio equipment to a UPS. Any type of UPS. You have technically voided your warranty by connecting it like this. Nothing is going to happen to the avr if the power abruptly goes off. It is far worse if it goes off and comes back in a short interval. If you must protect it from surge, use a surge protector.

Instead of connecting to an ups, i would to get these:
  1. Cheap & cost saving solution: get a servo stabilizer (2kva should be enough for AVR).
  2. Pricy, but robust solution: get a static voltage stabilizer.
Ps: i myself use a 2kva servo stabilizer for my AVR and it's been great so far.

I have a 3700H and used to face the exact same problem. I agree with the suggestions posted above for not using a regular UPS. I am not sure about the online options since their capability of generating a pure sine wave output is debatable. Also, the really good ones are extremely expensive and will incur upkeep cost in terms of battery replacement.

The best way to mitigate this will be using a static stabilizer. This will also be quite expensive, but the extremely fast switching time will not let your system go to standby. The primary reason why this is happening in the first place is because the power delivery circuit of the AVR has a very small hold up time in case of a supply voltage drop. For PC power supplies, it is around 17ms if I remember correctly.

I have added a NKB static stabilizer to mitigate this problem personally. Going pretty stable since the past 1 year, unless of course there is a voltage drop beyond the minimum cut-off in which case, the stabilizer itself powers down. However, that is very rare and happened to me only twice during the peak summers.

Do not connect an AVR or any audio equipment to a UPS. Any type of UPS. You have technically voided your warranty by connecting it like this. Nothing is going to happen to the avr if the power abruptly goes off. It is far worse if it goes off and comes back in a short interval. If you must protect it from surge, use a surge protector.
I've been using the UPS for the last 12+ years (IIRC) . It so happened one summer a movie session on PC+AVR+Projector had more than 7-8 intervals and the frequency of these interruption were about 3-4 times a day during that summer. All survived without UPS but not my mind. Still using all the gears running on UPS (though on a new one: 5+year now ).

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back