Does anyone rent out UMIK-1?

donmathew90

Hey guys - I need a UMIK-1 to calibrate my new subwoofer and the guys at AVS have asked me to get a UMIK-1 or any other calibration mic that works with REW. UMIK-1 costs about 10k here and I don't see the point of spending that much on something I'm going to use a couple of times.

Does anyone rent out their UMIK-1? I saw a couple of previous posts on here asking for the same but there were no leads.

If no one does this yet, maybe the existing owners should think about doing this 😄 Charge a security deposit in case something goes wrong. You can ship it via Delhivery because they'll pick it up from your home.

Hey guys - I need a UMIK-1 to calibrate my new subwoofer and the guys at AVS have asked me to get a UMIK-1 or any other calibration mic that works with REW. UMIK-1 costs about 10k here and I don't see the point of spending that much on something I'm going to use a couple of times.

Does anyone rent out their UMIK-1? I saw a couple of previous posts on here asking for the same but there were no leads.

If no one does this yet, maybe the existing owners should think about doing this 😄 Charge a security deposit in case something goes wrong. You can ship it via Delhivery because they'll pick it up from your home.
Hi Don :p

Eid Mubarak :)

If you can wait till the first week of July, then I can courier mine. It will be free, and I will include all the long USB cables that I use. I dont have a tripod stand, so your goodselves might have to jury rig something.

However, if you want to include me in the courier, to take the measurements in person, then you will have to bear the Beer and biryani expenses. Biryani wont be much and even Appam will do, but the beer might be more than a new microphone 🤣 .

Hi Don :p

Eid Mubarak :)

If you can wait till the first week of July, then I can courier mine. It will be free, and I will include all the long USB cables that I use. I dont have a tripod stand, so your goodselves might have to jury rig something.

However, if you want to include me in the courier, to take the measurements in person, then you will have to bear the Beer and biryani expenses. Biryani wont be much and even Appam will do, but the beer might be more than a new microphone 🤣 .
Eid Mubarak, @Yelamanchili manohar ! 😀

That would be amazing and yes, I can wait. I already have a tripod so that'll be fine.

If you're ever in and around Kochi, I'll happily take you out for a nice meal and beer 🍻😀

Eid Mubarak, @Yelamanchili manohar ! 😀

That would be amazing and yes, I can wait. I already have a tripod so that'll be fine.

If you're ever in and around Kochi, I'll happily take you out for a nice meal and beer 🍻😀
Haha...you are most welcome :)

If you can kindly PM me your address, I will get the Umik across as soon as Iam back home :)

This is an amazing gesture @Yelamanchili manohar .

Now to find someone in NCR with a UMIK. My cousin has lent me his Dayton IMM-6C for a few days but sadly doesn't remember the serial no. so no calibration files.

One thing however that I have definitely been able to confirm with it though is that I have horrible room modes in all my room's. And can't really do much about speaker placement and listening positions 😔.

Some of those peaks and nulls are quite intense.

This is an amazing gesture @Yelamanchili manohar .

Now to find someone in NCR with a UMIK. My cousin has lent me his Dayton IMM-6C for a few days but sadly doesn't remember the serial no. so no calibration files.

One thing however that I have definitely been able to confirm with it though is that I have horrible room modes in all my room's. And can't really do much about speaker placement and listening positions 😔.

Some of those peaks and nulls are quite intense.
Thanks for your kind words :)

I can feel your pain. My room was horrendous sounding. No matter what gear i tried, it always sounded crap. I have used dsp''s with great results, before I finally treated my room, and they really help in the bass region. A purist approach is not for sub optimal rooms, and dsp's have earned their place here. Depending on how your system is configured, there is always some sort of dsp that slots right in. Cleaning up the "all drowning bass modes", revealed so much up top, that was previously hidden. So I would really encourage your goodselves to try this approach if room treatment is not an option :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back