Hisense U7K user review thread

Haha! I guess this QD OLED helped you skip the entire W-OLED pondering you were doing a while back right?
Yup. I did a side by side comparison of the A95K and the G2 back then and the A95K was just so much better.

Samsung didn’t release the S95B in India so A95K was an easy choice.
And instead of 42" LG OLED you got this.. Nice.
I am looking into this thanks to you, and debating between which 43" will become my next monitor.
Hence, need your inputs a bit.
There are 2 variants of the Odyssey neo G7. I have the 32” version with 1196 zones and 1300 nits brightness . I believe the 43” has a lot fewer zones and much lower brightness.

For 40” class, I’d go with OLED. LCD panels aren’t good at that size.
I wasnt meaning comparing their screens.

I like the convenience to use Airplay 2 from iPhone and iPad quite a bit, so my desktop Monitor/ TV might need to have that.

Sometimes I like having a massive screen to go through the iOS stuff to find/ clear out data in my screenshots etc.

As per Apple website like, some of the non premium brands (outside of LG Sony etc) like HiS & TCL also have some models in that foray.

Hence, I wanted to compare the AirPlay 2 video responsiveness between Sony & HiS as some random reddit post said it wasnt responsive. Cant find any data or video to verify that.
(I can try to test it on my uncles Sony but wouldnt have your comparative ability).

Think I could bother you with some of my use cases here?
i have Apple TV connected to my U7K which i highly recommend to you too. VIDAA OS sucks.

Haven’t ever used AirPlay on U7K. On Apple TV it works perfectly.

Yup. I did a side by side comparison of the A95K and the G2 back then and the A95K was just so much better.

Samsung didn’t release the S95B in India so A95K was an easy choice.
Yes, maybe they bring it next season?
There are 2 variants of the Odyssey neo G7. I have the 32” version with 1196 zones and 1300 nits brightness . I believe the 43” has a lot fewer zones and much lower brightness.
I used to have a 30 QHD from US while back, so got a 43 4K HiSense as I could not get the 40+ Monitors in India.
When the 43 went kaput, I had it packed and have warranty which I am to use for replacement from RD
For the time being I've been using a 27 4K (kinda small).

So I am more keen on 40+ and maybe replace the 27 with a 32, in that order.
For 40” class, I’d go with OLED. LCD panels aren’t good at that size.
My primary use is as a monitor that too for productivity only, not gaming. I was considering OLED 42 but given the VR AR monitor replacement headsets are looking quite interesting, I am considering going cheaper.. maybe. Hence, the following HiSense "Airplay" comparative Im asking of you.

Can you compare the Airplay/ Mirroring from iPhone/ iPad speed and performance between your Sony and HiSense?
If its usable without very poor lag then I save the $$ for a future QD OLED and VR AR Headset/ Glasses.
i have Apple TV connected to my U7K which i highly recommend to you too.
I used to have ATV1, but only used it for XBMC way back :P So not keen on that $$ spend at the moment.
Dont watch that much TV - mostly need a big TV as a monitor.
VIDAA OS sucks.
I hear, but I am just keen on the AirPlay, really appreciate if you can do a perf compare (not screen quality compare).
Haven’t ever used AirPlay on U7K. On Apple TV it works perfectly.
Whenever you have few moments free, can you compare please? not the ATV.

Between AirPlay 2 perf on SONY vs HiSense.
(Maybe video it if you think lag is quite bad).

I just tested on the Bravia 75 my uncle has, speed was good.

CAN SOMEONE WHO HAVE A HiSense TV with Airplay2 - do a test and share their experience?

Is it mirroring/ casting from iOS device fast .. or lags?

@lightgamer - and whenever you can do a compare, i'd appreciate :D

CAN SOMEONE WHO HAVE A HiSense TV with Airplay2 - do a test and share their experience?

Is it mirroring/ casting from iOS device fast .. or lags?

@lightgamer - and whenever you can do a compare, i'd appreciate :D

I had an older Hisense 43” LED TV and AirPlay worked well enough on that - initially, it didn’t and I had to get a technician from Hisense to come down and fix the issue. Whatever he did (I wasn’t at home) solved the issue and it worked well enough after that.

My current Hisense 75U7K i use with an Apple TV, so no idea about native AirPlay usage.

Overall, i am thinking of getting a 43” TV for my home “office” (mainly for Playstation), and will likely get Hisense simply because of the Airplay compatibility

I am interested in U7K 65 inch. Now they have increased the price by Rs 5000 to 84999. Is there any offline dealers in Bengaluru with competitive pricing. I also would like to know their quality of service in bengaluru.
Did you end up buying? From where, if you can share more details

I am interested in U7K 65 inch. Now they have increased the price by Rs 5000 to 84999. Is there any offline dealers in Bengaluru with competitive pricing. I also would like to know their quality of service in bengaluru.
did you find any answer to your question? Bought?

I had an older Hisense 43” LED TV and AirPlay worked well enough on that - initially, it didn’t and I had to get a technician from Hisense to come down and fix the issue. Whatever he did (I wasn’t at home) solved the issue and it worked well enough after that.

My current Hisense 75U7K i use with an Apple TV, so no idea about native AirPlay usage.

Overall, i am thinking of getting a 43” TV for my home “office” (mainly for Playstation), and will likely get Hisense simply because of the Airplay compatibility
Can anyone tell how much life do Hisense TV have on an average as I have read somewhere that its life is 3-4 yrs max.

Please confirm how long have you been using Hisense TVs.

My panasonic LED panel died after 10 years, LG gave sensor problem within 2 years and ACER monitor died after 5 years. Just for info.

Can anyone tell how much life do Hisense TV have on an average as I have read somewhere that its life is 3-4 yrs max.

Please confirm how long have you been using Hisense TVs.

My panasonic LED panel died after 10 years, LG gave sensor problem within 2 years and ACER monitor died after 5 years. Just for info.

I cannot think of any reason why Hisense panels will last only 3-4 years compared to other brands. Maybe ask those people who say this why this is the case, and whether they have any actual data on this, or are merely using their one-off poor experience with the brand’s products to just make sweeping statements.

That might answer your question better.

But to answer your question - I have had my current 75” for 10 months or so (got it in the last Diwali sale) and i doubt it has done 100 hours of use. My 43” TV is going on 2.5 years now, albeit with my friend.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back