Fans of Television Series

Frikjent Norwegian TV series - 2 seasons 18 episodes - 45 mins each (2015-2016)Rated 7.4 on imdb

What I liked:
Stunning visuals of a Norwegian fjord village with mountains in the backdrop,
Gripping mystery crime drama with a touch of soap!
Twist filled, false trails to keep you engaged & guessing!
It's well made, and beautifully produced, very good casting
To me, a totally unknown cast (with the exception of Amrita Acharia (Irri - GoT) - many of them do justice to their role
Every character with shades of Gray!
Intro and outro songs!

What I did not like
Whodunnit which seemed to go on and on - not the greatest script
Lead character's 'method acting' was not in sync in certain scenes

Definitely worth a watch!

Frikjent Norwegian TV series - 2 seasons 18 episodes - 45 mins each (2015-2016)Rated 7.4 on imdb

What I liked:
Stunning visuals of a Norwegian fjord village with mountains in the backdrop,
Gripping mystery crime drama with a touch of soap!
Twist filled, false trails to keep you engaged & guessing!
It's well made, and beautifully produced, very good casting
To me, a totally unknown cast (with the exception of Amrita Acharia (Irri - GoT) - many of them do justice to their role
Every character with shades of Gray!
Intro and outro songs!

What I did not like
Whodunnit which seemed to go on and on - not the greatest script
Lead character's 'method acting' was not in sync in certain scenes

Definitely worth a watch!
Where were you able to watch?

Shelter - 2023
TV Mini Series
1 - Season
8 - Episodes
Awards - 1 win

My Rating: 5/10

Based on the book by Harlan Coben

A mediocre series that is less compelling... loses its mystery

Trailer:

People who are interested in foods, ingredients, behind the scene stories, would love this documentary. From one of the world's best chefs Rene Redzepi(owner of the restaurant Noma) and Apple TV. Apple has spent serious money in creating the series.

Brinda web series starring Trisha, Ravindra Vijay and Indrajith Sukumaran is streaming on SonyLIV. Originally in Telugu, it has other language audio as well.

Show highlights how superstitious beliefs impact the lives of others and society. Trisha is a SI confined to the desk, ignored by a chauvinistic superior officer. He tries to close a murder case as suicide and Trisha points out discrepancies and wants it investigated as a murder. She single mindedly pursues the leads and unearths a series of killings. A SIT is formed and they explore further and find that there is something much more sinister happening. How a complex web of crime is solved forms the rest of the story, with enough twists and turns to keep the viewer engaged.

Highcommand is very fond of Trisha and reviews raved about her performance. So watched it. Liked it for the most part. Got annoyed at some of the tropes though!

Dark Matter (Apple TV+): Interesting take on the multiverse. Sliding doors, literally and metaphorically.

Too slow for me. However, the BGM and the audio mix (wonderfully dynamic) are absolutely fabulous making it worth a watch just for that alone.

Nightsleeper
BBC serial set in a Glasgow London train that is hijacked by remote hacking (hack-jacked!).
What had potential to be a high octane, edge of the seat thriller turns out to be a cringe fest marred by self-serving characters, contrived situations, weak script and poor acting. If you can ignore logical and reasoning flaws, it still may be enjoyable watch. OK for a one-time watch because of the first few episodes and pace.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back