Good Tablet around 7K ?

Which cover was chosen by Nexus 7 buyers? I am planning to order Nexus 7 and thought of including a case along with the tablet purchase. Any quick suggestion will help.

Thanks in advance.

Even i am contemplating to get one. Posted earlier, but no response on that (#33). Deciding is little bit difficult. You need to go on, first - based on your budget, second - on the requirement.
You may check here Best Nexus 7 Cases and Covers (2012 and 2013 models) | Digital Trends and Best Google Nexus 7 Cases & Covers and then decide
Cases start from apprx. Rs 250 on ebay (and other online shopping). It goes upto 6000+. Choice is yours!

The best cover I found for Nexus 7 is Nillken flip cover with smart wake function. I had ordered one from ebay.com - china seller.

Good! There are choices to select as i mentioned earlier. Even there is an option (you can DIY - simple) for making a normal cover to smart wakeup cover. So the best judgement is oneself who want's to buy what! What's the price? (Did you use any discount offer?)

General - in.mobilefun.com (particular for all nexus 7 accessories at one shop point - http://in.mobilefun.com/31216/electronics/nexus-7.htm) as another option with other online shopping sites.

Last edited:
am contemplating getting a cheap used tab solely for pdf reading. thought of posting about it here first. thats because i read that e-ink readers are not suitable for the same. can anyone having a tab and having read pdf-ebooks on it comment on the experience?!

For reading purposes e-ink readers are much more suitable - they do not have backlight so eyes remain cool and not burn after a short while. and the battery backup is fantastic (I use kindle).

As for reading pdf on e-ink devices, use converters to convert to .epub/.mobi format. Calibre software is fantastic for this purpose, and its free :)

For reading purposes e-ink readers are much more suitable - they do not have backlight so eyes remain cool and not burn after a short while. and the battery backup is fantastic (I use kindle).

As for reading pdf on e-ink devices, use converters to convert to .epub/.mobi format. Calibre software is fantastic for this purpose, and its free :)

thats very reassuring! but the main issue i had read due to which e-ink readers were discouraged for reading PDFs was the lack of a screen bigger than 6", due to which reading PDFs with diagrams is said to be tough, and pinch-zooming adding to the woes. is it really that nagging?!

thats very reassuring! but the main issue i had read due to which e-ink readers were discouraged for reading PDFs was the lack of a screen bigger than 6", due to which reading PDFs with diagrams is said to be tough, and pinch-zooming adding to the woes. is it really that nagging?!

For A-4 pdf's 10" devices are better whether they be e-ink readers or tablets, though if the device is strictly for reading, nothing beats an e-ink reader as indicated by the previous poster. Kindle DX I think is 10" though it probably will not be as easy to hold with one hand as the 6".

Do note that some PDF's don't convert over well at times to epub / mobi especially if they are built using images(scans) as opposed to text.

For A-4 pdf's 10" devices are better whether they be e-ink readers or tablets, though if the device is strictly for reading, nothing beats an e-ink reader as indicated by the previous poster. Kindle DX I think is 10" though it probably will not be as easy to hold with one hand as the 6".

Do note that some PDF's don't convert over well at times to epub / mobi especially if they are built using images(scans) as opposed to text.

yes, i have a mixed lot of PDFs, some of which are scans, and i understand that they won't convert well. a 10" tab could be cumbersome, but for indoor-reading, it can be accommodated. let me check online about some options. thanks a lot to both of you!

I am using Duokan OS in my Kindle 4 NT and it has an option called smart layout which enables pdf rendering much better. This OS is better than the Kindle OS and now it is my default OS. You can switch to Kindle OS if needed from the settings.

Cannot we use the tab as a video player by connecting it to a TV? I though it is possible with a micro USB to hdmi cable.

Cannot we use the tab as a video player by connecting it to a TV? I though it is possible with a micro USB to hdmi cable.
For 2012 nexus 7 its not possible. This can be done with alternate like wifi-laptop-TV options or with DLNA too.
For 2013 nexus 7 its possible with the micro usb to hdmi.
are the above what i know of.

Did anyone try connecting 3g dongle (airtel, bsnl etc) to the nexus 7 (wifi only model) without rooting. If so do provide your experience and setup.

Did anyone try connecting 3g dongle (airtel, bsnl etc) to the nexus 7 (wifi only model) without rooting. If so do provide your experience and setup.

There is not dongle support for Nexus 7 even after rooting. Without rooting, it won't be able to read external storage (like pendrives).

Note: I am not really sure about this year's Nexus 7. My statements hold true for previous year (2012) Nexus 7 wifi only model.

AFAIK this will not be possible without rooting. I recall seeing a post somewhere on the internet that it is possible with the PPPWidget app. post root but haven't tried it.

You can also use this TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/4G Wireless N Router: Amazon.in: Computers & Accessories or similar devices to share your internet connection via Wifi with your Nexus 7 2012 without the need for rooting. Remember to verify compatibility with your 3G/4G modem before buying.

Last edited:
one nagging question - is the nook hd+ better over a nexus 7?!
it definitely has got a better & bigger screen, but not the processor. dont know how does it fare in real-life usage.

Last edited:
The Nexus 7 2013 edition is amazing. Beautiful screen and amazing responsiveness. Just got the KitKat upgrade today OTA. Very few minor changes over Jellybean.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back