Height of TT stand / Audio Rack

Kapeel

I want to upgrade to a tall TT stand / audio rack. From ground level current 3 shelf stand is ~30" tall, with TT I have it at 35". This is fine for day today record playing , cueing tonearm etc. but inconvenient for cart install, set azimuth etc., I struggle setting up the tonearm sitting on a stool.
Hence I want to upgrade to a tall stand of 52" height, with TT tonearm should be at ~57" from ground level. At this height I could set up the tonearm/TT on my feet.

Audio racks sold online in general are ~36" tall, few 42" tall and very few 50+" tall. Even as per chatgpt standard height of a TT stand is 30" to 36", as per chatgpt with a taller stand it may be inconvenient to change records.

What do you think ? anyone using a tall stand ? what is your experience and feedback ?

Regards,
Kapeel

I want to upgrade to a tall TT stand / audio rack. From ground level current 3 shelf stand is ~30" tall, with TT I have it at 35". This is fine for day today record playing , cueing tonearm etc. but inconvenient for cart install, set azimuth etc., I struggle setting up the tonearm sitting on a stool.
Hence I want to upgrade to a tall stand of 52" height, with TT tonearm should be at ~57" from ground level. At this height I could set up the tonearm/TT on my feet.

Audio racks sold online in general are ~36" tall, few 42" tall and very few 50+" tall. Even as per chatgpt standard height of a TT stand is 30" to 36", as per chatgpt with a taller stand it may be inconvenient to change records.

What do you think ? anyone using a tall stand ? what is your experience and feedback ?

Regards,
Kapeel
You will be changing records, anti-static working most of the time so that has to be at a convenient height to do those tasks. Again you have to determine the appropriate height based on your height.

For cart install, tone arm setting, azimuth etc. are once in a while activity but requires a different kind of involvement from your end, more intense unlike playing records.

I have a stand at around 48"+ and depending on the activity I either sit or stand.

Hope this helps

cheers,

Gopi

How about tinkering with the height of the stool?
I have already considered this and tried out few ones. I remember seeing YT video for a US audio show, TT was set up on a steel rack (like a files rack usually found in govt. offices / govt banks these days). TT/toneram was about chest height for the seller to place stylus on the record.

You will be changing records, anti-static working most of the time so that has to be at a convenient height to do those tasks. Again you have to determine the appropriate height based on your height.

For cart install, tone arm setting, azimuth etc. are once in a while activity but requires a different kind of involvement from your end, more intense unlike playing records.

I have a stand at around 48"+ and depending on the activity I either sit or stand.

Hope this helps

cheers,

Gopi

Thanks for comments, 48" sounds about right, I assume this is without the TT and tonearm will be ~53" from ground. Is it possible to share a picture? I am planning on having a carpenter build this for me, want to check how stability issues are being managed in your stand.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back