Home audio setup

True....maybe the make and model also matter.

Oh yes, its the same with any other component. It has to be set up right. A badly setup sub will sound bad even in an HT setup.

Again, it's up to each one's preference, taste, and ability to set up.

MaSh

For me ,its just not the thump or punch that makes the music. I have used a 10 inch Mission powered sub for music after reading someones opinion like you did. Initially, the sound was exciting. The punch makes you say wowwww..... But when playing certain songs, the highs and mid go one way, the bass go another way. Then you adjust the cross over frequency to align the bass with the other frequency. Now the sound is ok. But when you play another genre of music, you will want to adjust the frequency again. This goes on each time you play music. And what did I do...I kicked the Mission out of my listening room. But as Rythm said, sound perception varies from person to person. I am no audiophile, but if you can talk to a true audiophile, he would join me. Anyway, you are the listener, you decide.

True... Subject of audio is debatable, but it is subjective at the end... left to one's view or choice.

Yeah, sound quality does not improve in proportionate with the price paid:D, not even half. For a small percentage of improvement in sound quality, we may have to pay 5 to 10 times the price of the existing set up.
Yes. Affordable audio gear sounds so good. Most of them are never mentioned by the cognoscenti :)

Hi

Would you be interested in Klipsch RP 8000F. They are absolutely fine without sub. I do have sub to offer as well from Klipsch.. Pm me if interested.

Thanks.

Yes. Affordable audio gear sounds so good. Most of them are never mentioned by the cognoscenti :)
There is plenty of affordable audio gear available .
However the vast number of generalizations , misconceptions and last but not the least: The unwavering focus on most audio forums on items/components that may make a 1% impact on a $20,000 setup being also being pursued by Entry level gear enthusiasts trying to do the same rather than focusing on the parts that will actually make an impact.

E.g. Is there a point in pairing a 25K INR DAC with 25K speakers? or using 10K interconnects with them?
Will it yield a benefit?
Maybe , if you are married to those speakers

But in the real world, you would get far better bang for your buck by using that money for better speakers instead!

:rantover

There is plenty of affordable audio gear available .
However the vast number of generalizations , misconceptions and last but not the least: The unwavering focus on most audio forums on items/components that may make a 1% impact on a $20,000 setup being also being pursued by Entry level gear enthusiasts trying to do the same rather than focusing on the parts that will actually make an impact.

E.g. Is there a point in pairing a 25K INR DAC with 25K speakers? or using 10K interconnects with them?
Will it yield a benefit?
Maybe , if you are married to those speakers

But in the real world, you would get far better bang for your buck by using that money for better speakers instead!

:rantover
There were several instances when I found the 25K speaker to be better than a 45K one. It could be differential margin policy for the dealer network for the 2 brands. But at the end of the day, it would be good for the buyer to not fall for the price tag and marketing jargon from the manufacturer/celebrity reviewer, and rather trust his/her ears with an unbiased approach.

There were several instances when I found the 25K speaker to be better than a 45K one. It could be differential margin policy for the dealer network for the 2 brands. But at the end of the day, it would be good for the buyer to not fall for the price tag and marketing jargon from the manufacturer/celebrity reviewer, and rather trust his/her ears with an unbiased approach.
The 25K vs 45K is just a metaphor for illustrating a different issue

The 25K vs 45K is just a metaphor for illustrating a different issue
Yes, I got your point. In this hobby, at times we come across setups at different places which don't cost a ton, but deliver excellent performance for the price. The moment we keep listening to entire albums on a setup and keep at it with multiple albums, we get out of testing gear to enjoying the music. I feel we have found the right match. That surprisingly doesn't cost a lot too!

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back