Home theater set up for my sony bravia 55 inch 4k tv

bsridharmail

Hi,

Could any body suggest home theater setup for my sony 55 inch 4k tv? Budget is below 1 lakh.

Room size is 20X14. But consider only 14X10 as hall and dining is combined with wooden partition.

Will combining speakers from multiple brands create any frequency issues?

I am from Hyderabad. Where can we see demo and buy in Hyderabad?

Thanks in advance.

I have checked other threads.

AV: Denon-X1300w
Front Left and right, back left and right: Dali Zensor 1 bookself speakers
Center:?
Sub woofer:?

I did not check the price. Could you please suggest center and sub or complete package?

Hi Sridhar... Congratulations on your purchase.

For a room of 14x11 you are rightly looking at the Dali zensor 1's. Most folks here are carried away by floor standers.

However a full 5.1 Dali zensor package with sub woofer + avr will cross the 1 lakh mark. Where abouts in Hyderabad do you live.

I remember visiting a Dali dealer in kphb called optimus in road no.1. He had zensor 1,3 & 5's when I last visited him, as well as some denon AVR's. May be you can contact him and check out the price. If buying everything as a package they usually give a better deal. And if you can try to even persuade them to install it for you. I might have their number somewhere around, I will post it if you are interested.

A second option will be to buy those tannoy HT 101 speaker system from hifimart. That is a awesome system for a 11x14 ft room. And will look discrete doing so. And won't take too much space as all speakers are wall mounted. Then you can buy any avr of your choice to go with it. Cheers.

Hi newlash09,

Thank you. I am staying in KPHB area only(Tulasivanam). Where is optimus in Road no 1?

Just seen on the net. Is tannoy HT 101 good speaker system?

Last edited:
Budget is below 1 lakh.

Room size is 20X14. But consider only 14X10 as hall and dining is combined with wooden partition

Are you planning for a 5.1 (or) 7.1 set-up ?

Will combining speakers from multiple brands create any frequency issues?

Nope.. But difference in sound signature.. Best experience would be to use the same speaker across location in your room..

Center:? Sub woofer:?

Could you please suggest center and sub or complete package?

Pick the Left, Center & Right from the same brand/ same series..

Surrounds & subwoofer can be from different brand.

Hi again Sridhar....

I can't exactly pin point the location, but when you go from the Mumbai highway through the kaman into road no 1, there is this building on the right with a small signage of 'optimus' on the 3rd floor. You can also find the address on 'audio one' website in the Dali dealers list. Let me charge my old phone for some time and I should be able to give you the number of the gentleman who owns the place. Gimme 30 mins :ohyeah:

Hi Sridhar....the optimus dealers phone number is 8179830414. Though I didn't save the gentleman's name in my phone. Give them a call and see.

The wharfdale DX-1SE will set you back by 50000 and is a good buy for movies. But it has a refined sound which is slightly laid back. And the sub though big sounding and impactful is a little slow . So you loose out a little pace when listening to music.

The tannoy hts101xp will set you back by about 70k, but is a superior performer in every way. Comes with the Pacey and exciting sound that tannoy is famous for. Apart from the sound signatures of wharfdale and tannoy, the HTS 101 XP is the superior performer of the two.

As an additional suggestion. Try to see if you can find a 5.1 set of qacoustics q7000i. I use them in my HT setup. And I find them much better than the bigger audiopro and concept 40 setups that I have.

@newlash09,

I went to Optimus today. Unfortunately he went abroad on Dali's company work. Will check it on 3rd Sep.

This is from another thread. I have kept here for reference.

Like he said above, Pioneer VSX-830 is available for 28K or so if you can negotiate a bit and it's in mint condition. As for speakers, you can get these :

Fronts : Dali Zensor 1 (~22K) / Q Acoustics 2020i (~23K) / Wharfedale Diamond 220 (~19K)
Center : Dali Zensor Vokal (~22K) / Wharfedale Diamond 220C (~16K)
Surrounds : Sonodyne Genie 1 (~9K) / OEM SE 420 (8.2K @ HifiMart)
Subwoofer : Taga Harmony TSW-120 v.2 (~20.5K)

You can buy all at once or you can take the 2.1 approach and then buy the other components as you go along.

For my reference:

I've narrowed it down to:

Q acoustics 3020 and 3090C - 230
Dali Zensor 1 and Dali Zensor Vokal - 370
Diamond 220 and 220c - 329

Sub:
Taga Harmony TSW-200 OR Q acoustics 3070

Last edited:
Hi Newlash,

Met optimus dealer, he is suggesting to go with tags harmony 606 with another brand sub woofer. He says everything including Devon 1300 available receiver comes below 1 lakh. Any thoughts?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back