HT Setup Recommendations needed

A new AVR has entered the fray.

I am getting a S650h in around same price as X1400h. Inclined towards the newer model since I don't intend on Atmos setup due to space issue.

Boils down to around 10k difference between Q Acoustics and Mission speakers, former being costlier. Since I don't want to add a subwoofer, would spending on Q acoustics be more prudent?
more like a 7k difference. and its worth the difference
Only thing is that it's newer and X1400 is discontinued
if the warranty is valid for x1400h, there should be no problem even if it is discontinued.

Seems fair. Reading more about the 3020i I am leaning towards that (plus they look fantastic I think).
Building on this note. What would be a good amp for use with 3020i if I forget the 5.1 setup, for something around 10-12k range.
Building HT and building a stereo system are two different things.
A good stereo can be used for HT in 2.0/2.1, provided you reconcile with the limitations.
A good AVR can be used for music, provided you reconcile with limitations.

It may help if you add a couple of pics of your room where the system will be hosted.
Also stuff like what clearances you have from walls etc will determine BS/FS/Sats etc
If there is a good center + sub, one can get away with just satellites for fronts and surrounds.

Why aren't Marantz/Pioneer/Yamaha AVRs in the eval mix?

Cheers,
Raghu

Building HT and building a stereo system are two different things.
A good stereo can be used for HT in 2.0/2.1, provided you reconcile with the limitations.
A good AVR can be used for music, provided you reconcile with limitations.

It may help if you add a couple of pics of your room where the system will be hosted.
Also stuff like what clearances you have from walls etc will determine BS/FS/Sats etc
If there is a good center + sub, one can get away with just satellites for fronts and surrounds.

Why aren't Marantz/Pioneer/Yamaha AVRs in the eval mix?

Cheers,
Raghu
Got your point.

Here are two pics of the living room where I intend to set it up.

tv1.jpg

IMG_20200714_125008 (1).jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back