Is the LG 47 LW6500 3D worth buying now, or wait until the next 'Generation' version?

hellofromO

Is the LG 47 LW6500 3D worth buying now, or wait until the next Generation version of this TV?

I am on the fence currently about whether to buy, or not buy, the LG 47 LW 6500 3D set!? I have found it for as little as $1030 on Amazon, but now it's up to $1184 (USD) on Amazon. I wonder what the price will be on Cyber-Monday, tomorrow - as I'm on Pacific Standard Time, US.

I have read raving reviews about it, and scathing reviews about it? Who's right?

The Pros: Great set, looks awesome, 3D done right, I read.
The Cons: Flashlight issues, 3D approximation issues, gaming issues, etc.

I'm not a gamer, so I don't care about that - although in the day, I used to go to arcades and play video games there, more social, more fun.

I like movies, (and don't watch sports at all). The main thing I don't want to happen is, getting the set and then I find next April when I hear the next generation comes out of this set, I am regretful of not waiting and having LG workout the issues, and advance this set to what, the 3rd generation is it? I think this set was the LX before it was the LW?

Please chime in and do tell your opinion, experience. Thanks - and I'm new here as well - thank you! :ohyeah:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back