Looking for a budget home theater in 45k

Nero9

Hi,

Im looking for an entry level budget home theater in 40-45k price range. i bought Pioneer htp rs 32 in 2012 without audition by it's look and heavy subwoofer. I'd have gone with onkyo s3400 at that time. I don't want to repeat the same mistake again. here are my shortlisted models. please comment if you have/heard em personally..

1. Yamaha yht 299
2. Jamo S426 HCS3 + Yamaha RX V375
3. Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 + Yamaha RX V375
4. JBL cinema 300 + Yamaha RX V375
5. Onkyo HT 4505

As i already own Pioneer rs 32 for 1.5 years which has got some heavy bass with no clarity at all.

Now, I'm not concerned about bass, but i want some serious clarity over boom even at low volumes. I don't want to keep mess with volume and settings like i did with the Pioneer HT.

Room Size: 20x12

Hi,

Im looking for an entry level budget home theater in 40-45k price range. i bought Pioneer htp rs 32 in 2012 without audition by it's look and heavy subwoofer. I'd have gone with onkyo s3400 at that time. I don't want to repeat the same mistake again. here are my shortlisted models. please comment if you have/heard em personally..

1. Yamaha yht 299
5. Onkyo HT 4505

As i already own Pioneer rs 32 for 1.5 years which has got some heavy bass with no clarity at all.

Now, I'm not concerned about bass, but i want some serious clarity over boom even at low volumes. I don't want to keep mess with volume and settings like i did with the Pioneer HT.

Hi Nero,

I feel whatever you have shortlisted is good :).

I think you missed one more, In Reliance Digital there is an offer for Marantz AVR( not sure about the model ) and BA 5.1 for 49K with Blu-ray Player free. You can try that. I heard a lot about Marantz and BA combination

Frankly i didnt had an option to demo the systems you have mentioned other than YHT-299.

Could you please tell me how much they quoted for Jamo S426 HCS3 & JBL Cinema 300.

Thanks

Hi Nero,

I feel whatever you have shortlisted is good :).

I think you missed one more, In Reliance Digital there is an offer for Marantz AVR( not sure about the model ) and BA 5.1 for 49K with Blu-ray Player free. You can try that. I heard a lot about Marantz and BA combination

Frankly i didnt had an option to demo the systems you have mentioned other than YHT-299.

Could you please tell me how much they quoted for Jamo S426 HCS3 & JBL Cinema 300.

Thanks

Reliance people here in Vijayawada trash mate they know nothing and no offers as well. if i ask for something to audition they will say pay some 2k advance then we will place an order then you can hear when it arrives. wtf?

they got a separate demo room with onkyo and pioneer back in 2012. now it was not maintaining or closed i guess. i really don't want to go reliance again.

I haven't auditioned anything at but will start in few days. I already talked to MZ Audio dealer here in Vij for Jamo and Boston demo.

for yamaha and jbl i have to go guntur to audition as he was the only dealer near.

Hi,

1. Yamaha yht 299
5. Onkyo HT 4505

I have a similar requirement and similar budget. My living room is 30x12. #2 in your shortlist looks interesting. Any idea what's the price of the package?

I have a similar requirement and similar budget. My living room is 30x12. #2 in your shortlist looks interesting. Any idea what's the price of the package?

All the packages mentioned above will not exceed 45k and may come around 35 to 42k as well. it all depends on how hard you bargain.

btw, i give equal importance to movies and music. Also, prefer to watch video songs more which contain dts or dts-hd tracks only not even dolby digital.

Reliance people here in Vijayawada trash mate they know nothing and no offers as well. if i ask for something to audition they will say pay some 2k advance then we will place an order then you can hear when it arrives. wtf?

they got a separate demo room with onkyo and pioneer back in 2012. now it was not maintaining or closed i guess. i really don't want to go reliance again.

I haven't auditioned anything at but will start in few days. I already talked to MZ Audio dealer here in Vij for Jamo and Boston demo.

for yamaha and jbl i have to go guntur to audition as he was the only dealer near.
Ah thats bad..better you can avoid RD and find a place where you can have a demo of the systems.

update:

Auditioned yamaha yht 299 and Jamo S426 HCS. Both are very good at reasonable prices.

I feel the yamaha is just ok with small subwoofer and tiny speakers. whereas the Jamo was quite good compared to yamaha.

But, we need a good receiver to drive the '6 ohms' rated Jamo and a subwoofer, which would cost atleast 45k more easy?

So, i decided to go for separate route of boston A series by adding A26 initially and then later i will add Boston A250/360 floor standing speakers..so on sub and center..,

yamaha rx v377(rated@6 ohms) + Boston A 26 (rated@8 ohms) which im gettting at a very good price.

Now, I'm confused about these speaker and receiver impedance, which may give trouble in future when i add the remain units rated @ 8 ohms.?

to my knowledge, the receiver will drive them more easy comapred to 6ohms speakers but not louder as the receiver rated speakers.?

why yamaha only ? because i see most of the members in the forum reported problems with onkyo (heating issues?), and denon also not reliable based on forum members and with less service points.? wat about marantz? (out of budget)

So, please help me on this, can i go with those speakers rated @ 8ohms ? Also, will the receiver able to drive the complete package.?

Boston Acoustics A250
Boston Acoustics 225C
Boston Acoustics A SW 250
Boston Acoustics A 26

if not, i have to go with denon x1000 for a better output..?

Traditionally Marantz and JAMO make one heck of a combo, pristine imaging, huge soundstage very musical, Denon does all of the at a lesser dough, so do explore these before buying

Lower impedance (6, 4, 2 ohms) speakers offer increasingly difficult load on the amplifier and thus compromising SQ, 8 ohms on the other hand is a very amp friendly speaker impedance and should work well with even modestly powered ones but to be on the safer side in case you upgrade to better/ bigger speakers you should always take amplification seriously and note its rating i.e how they are specified eg. 100Watts @ 8ohms & 150Watts @ 4 ohms, this denotes apower full amplifier which can increase the power out put with a drop in impedance..

cheers

Update:

today auditioned Jamo S626 HCS3 & the famous Pioneer SP-FS52-LR package & ELAC startlet 5.1

The Jamo was connected to Maratz SR 5007 and then we played Avengers. the first thought i got in mind about the system was the smoothness.

It was good even at 60 to 70 volume with no distortion in sound.

the speakers delivered a very smooth and richness in the sound. no harshness or distortion even at higher volume. it's pleasant to hear

Next, Pioneer Andrew Jones package connected to Denon x500. i was very excited to demo these speakers. coz our forum praise em a lot and ofcourse the world :P

We started playing dts-hd video songs of telugu movie 'Attarintiki daredi'.

I was just blown away by it's performance. what a silk smoothness in the sound even at low volume. the same experience i had in the jamo at higher volume but here almost same fineness at low volume. ?

Next, ELAC connected to same Denon x500 and played captain america winter soldier. it was ok not that good.

Last edited:
Proud owner of the FS 52. The center C22 and BS22s will arrive in a couple of days. No sub yet, and frankly, I don't feel the need of it yet. The FS can handle the low frequency very precisely and have amazing range. I'd recommend these speakers over the BA setup you've shortlisted.
I'm using a Marantz NR 1604 AVR, but theses speakers work equally good with Denon X500 (if you have budget constraints).

P.S. I bought the speakers without even auditioning them and I'm loving every moment with them.

ok another update. i got the Denon 1612 from my friend at a very reasonable price.

Now, i want to choose between Pioneer AJ or Jamo S426 5.0 piece package.

If any of you heard them personally, please let me know that Jamo S426 superior in sound quality compared to Pioneer AJ?

:confused:

i vote for AJ's, do own them with a denon x1000 sounds absolutely brilliant, dont have a sub and have only connected the FS feels like there is already a sub playing in the steup, no wonder the AJ's gets rave reviews, i have heard the Jamo's too they are good but AJ's are better IMO and it all comes down to your own taste , if you have an option take your receiver and demo them both

update:

called the htstore lokesh for a pair of Pioneer fs 52 to order. we discussed about the price and shipping etcc.., then he said he will get back to me after 10 minutes with the coupon code for some discount. but no ph call

I waited till after noon and called again, nobody lifted the ph, even i tried to call the store still no answer. i was really fed up with the ph calls. after calling so many times, he lifted and then he started saying that i have to buy it as a whole package? for that also, i have to wait until next month ?

he should have told me morning itself ?

it was not a good experience with the HT store. :mad:

Please let me know where can i order a pair of these online or over ph from some good customer service people ?

Last edited:
After inquiring everywhere with no luck. finally, yesterday i called my local jamo dealer and asked if he can get me the pioneer AJ 2 fronts ..

today afternoon, he called me and quoted 20k for the pair. :ohyeah:

Immediately, i met him & paid the advance, and the speakers getting delivered on Thursday..:yahoo:

Good Choice on the speakers. Cant really go wrong with Pioneer FS52.After this ur next upgrade should be the Jumbo Pioneer AJ Center Speaker. Sub not needed for a long time as far as I can tell. Many ppl want the 5.1 exp right at the get go so to fit the whole package they compromise and get lower end fronts and center which according to me are the most imp part of ur system(especially a powerful center which most 5.1 packages do not have). Good job on taking the longer but obviously the better path to ur HT system :) .

Good Choice on the speakers. Cant really go wrong with Pioneer FS52.After this ur next upgrade should be the Jumbo Pioneer AJ Center Speaker. Sub not needed for a long time as far as I can tell. Many ppl want the 5.1 exp right at the get go so to fit the whole package they compromise and get lower end fronts and center which according to me are the most imp part of ur system(especially a powerful center which most 5.1 packages do not have). Good job on taking the longer but obviously the better path to ur HT system :) .

thanks mate.

Also, Purchased the Yamaha RX V375 for 25k Both due on delivery by Friday.

I hope Pioneer pair well with the yamaha receiver.

I will update the thread with some pic's, when i receive em. :p

Hi everyone:),
I am new to this forum, have been following the discussions since last 4 days, even i am planning to HTS for the first time, around 50k, I am novice in this matter, have very basic questions .
What is audition?
Where can we see the demos of above described combinations in Hyderabad?,
Who does the final fine tuning, i mean, adjustments with combinations
How will be, who will do the service if any repairs (though rare) occur if we take combinations?
Please suggest whether I should try for the above combinations or stick to one make, Thanks in advance

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back